Chapter 3: Friends and Crush

"Hello" I answered my phone after the continuous ringing. I had to stop the car on the side of the road because the person who was calling me decided to keep on ringing until I picked up. I somehow knew who that annoying person was.

"Where are you?" Ella, my best friend whined in the phone. I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"I was on my way to pick you up" I groaned.

"Was?" she questioned.

"Yeah, because I had to park my car to pick up the damn phone which wouldn't stop ringing" I snapped. Ella chuckled nervously.

"Oh" she simply said. Yeah, Oh. "See you soon then" she said before ending the call. I always pick Ella up before going to class. We have both picked Social work as course as we were passionated by it. I put my phone on the seat next to me, then started driving again. I started moving my head to the song that I was playing, singing the song along.

After a few minutes, I reached Ella's house. I noticed my best friend standing on the pathway of her house. She was using her phone. Well, she was always a phone addict. I watched as she rolled her lips in her mouth and kept on tapping away on her phone. She must be bored. She would always use her phone just so that she wouldn't stand awkwardly waiting for me. Ella was so engrossed with her phone that she didn't even notice me. Rolling my eyes, I beeped making her jump in surprise. Then, she glared. She walked to the car, seeming furious. I laughed at her face.

"I could have died!" she exclaimed as she opened the door and sat in. Her blond hair framed her face perfectly. She was the definition of girly.

"I do that everyday. Yet, you're not dead" I stated. She turned her face to look at me. Her black eyes were intense. It seems like they were glimmering with excitement. Her glares were no more here. I knew that she had something to tell me. "Tell me already" I urged as I started the engine of the car.

"Ajay asked me on a date" she said with a grin.

"The Indian guy?" I asked, a frown on my face. Why was she so excited? She never liked the guy. Ella nodded. "Why are you so excited? I remember you said that he was like glue and you were tired of him always chasing you" I told her.

"Erin told that he's freaking rich" Ella said. I rolled my eyes.

"So now you're interested because he's rich?" I asked, disbelief coating my words. She sighed then put her phone in her bag.

"You make me feel like a gold digger" Ella said with a pout.

"Because you're acting like one" I deadpanned.

"I am?"

"You're not?"

"I am" she finally accepted.

"Don't give that guy fake hope, Ella" I said. I knew my best friend. She wouldn't mind playing with the heart of that guy just to get some money or expensive shits. She may seem like a bitch. Maybe she was one. But she was kind hearted. Once you get to know her, she'll reveal to be the best friend that everyone wants to have. She didn't let anyone know the real her. And with time, I got to know her. Believe it or not, Ella and I used to hate each other. She was and still is the Queen bitch of college. We bonded over assignments.

"But I already accepted a date with him" she said. I drove in the campus and parked my car.

"Then go on a date with him. If you actually like him, you continue your shit and if not, you refuse the next date" I explained. She smiled then nodded. She got out of the car. I took my stuffs from the backseat and got out as well. I locked my car then walked to where Ella was standing.

"Julien!" Ella exclaimed happily as our guy best friend walked to us. Julien was a french guy. He was smoking hot. Her blue eyes and messy brown hair was everything. Ella and him used to be a thing but then they realized that it was more friendship than anything else.

"I'm glad to see that I make your happiness" Julien said as he gave Ella a side hug. Ella rolled her eyes. They would always argue about useless things. Julien walked to me and hugged me as well.

"Where's Jace and Angie?" I asked, looking for our other two best friends. Jace and Angie were in a relationship. They were literally goals. Julien shrugged, signaling that he didn't know. As we walked around the campus, Ella and Julien kept on arguing. It was amusing. I still shipped them, to be honest.

"Chipmunks!" we turned around to see Angie and Jace walking towards us. Angie sighed as she reached us. "You're the only reasons why I come to classes" she said, talking to Ella, Julien and I. Jace cleared his throat while rolling his eyes. "Yeah you too" she said as she waved him off. I laughed when her boyfriend huffed. I used to have a crush on Jace. How could I not? His gray eyes and messy black hair were so attractive. His dimple on his right cheek made him seem so cute. I wasn't the type of girl to go after my best friend's boyfriend. So, being a good friend, I kept my crush for myself and watched them act lovey dovey in front of me. Jace came to my side and smiled at me. He ruffled my hair, making me groan at him. I didn't like people touching my hair and he knew it. Ella and I became friends with him before he met Angie. When I knew that he was dating her, I was a little bit disappointed but I kept it all for myself.