Chapter 67: You broke your mother!

Weeks passed by and things have changed.

Since the last conversation with Jace, we haven't spoken again. Hades and Jace had a conversation and I had no idea what they talked about but for the remaining of the holiday, he stayed and ignored me all the while. From my window, I could see his room. I could see him lying on his bed. Angie was walking around in his room. I was glad that they were good. Ella and Jason have been hanging out more often. It was an evidence that they were meant to be together but for the first time in my life, Ella was taking her time. She wanted to be sure that Jason was worth the feelings that she was starting to get. Julien was still staying at ours and I didn't want that to change. He was looking for his own apartment but my mother told him not to rush it. She liked having him around. Deep down, I knew that Julien didn't want to move but he didn't want to feel like a burden. My trail of thoughts were stopped when my phone started ringing.

"Hello" I answered without looking at my phone.

"Do you want to come over?" A smile stretched on my face when I heard his voice over the phone. I haven't seen him for days. He was busy with his work.

"To do what?" I asked teasingly.

"I have had a long week. I simply want you next to me" he said. His voice seemed so tired.

"Alright, I'm coming" I answered.

"No. I'm picking you up" he said.

"I can drive. I have my car" I scoffed.

"I'm picking you up" he said again. He was so controlling. I rolled my eye at how bossy he was.

"What time are you coming?" I asked lazily as I sprawled myself down on my bed. A yawn escaped my lips, making my tears go teary. I blinked several times to clear my now blurry eyesight.

"I'm outside" he simply said. I blinked several times, a frown forming on my face.

"What do you mean?" I questioned confusingly.

"I mean that I'm waiting for you outside" Hades repeated slowly as if I was dumb. I jumped off my bed. And the next thing I saw, was my floor. Can I be mad at myself for leaving my shoes everywhere. Obviously I would have to trip.

"Fuck" I swore under my breath. My phone was on the floor next to me. I turned around so that I was now lying on my back. As I stared at the ceiling, I realised that it was spinning.

What the hell?

"Luna?" I heard Hades' voice coming from the phone. I grabbed the phone, closed my eyes then stood up.

Head rush.

I held on the bed for support then groaned when I felt my head ache. Did I hit my head when I fell? No. "Sweetheart" Hades called again. His voice seemed tensed.

"I'm here" I groaned as I held my head.

"Did you fall?" He asked, a low chuckle echoed through the phone.

"Yes. I fell" I answered sternly, letting go of my bed slowly. I walked to the window, still feeling dizzy. Hades' car was parked in front of the house. From where I was, I could see that he had his suit on. He most probably just finished work. "I'm coming" I quickly said before ending the call. I inhaled deeply. I packed a few clothes just in case I was going to be staying at Hades'. Just when I was about to walk out of the room, Julien appeared in front of me.

"Where are you going?" He asked casually. He was staring at his phone, typing away so quickly that it nearly amazed me.

"Hades'" I answered. My voice came out really weak. I didn't know what was happening. Maybe I was going to be sick. I blame the cold ice cream I had last night.

"You don't sound good" Julien pointed out. He frowned when he lifted his eyes off his phone. His hand moved to my forehead and he touched it gently. "I think you're catching a fever" he told me.

"Your hand is a thermometer?" I joked. Julien rolled his eyes before shaking his head. I made my way to the main door, with Julien following behind me. "Why are you following me?" I questioned. He shrugged, then opened the door for me.

"Where are you going?" I turned around to see my mother walking towards us.

"Hades" Julien responded.

"Is he outside?" I nodded at my mother's question. My mother seemed so serious that I was getting worried. "Tell him to come inside, please" she ordered. She had a newspaper in her hand. I watched as she walked to the living room. The sound of her heels tapping against the wooden floorboard echoed throughout the house. Julien was staring at my retreating mother with wide eyes.

"What did you do?" He asked me accusingly. A gasp escaped my lips.

"What do you mean?" I snapped, offended by his question.

"You broke your mother!" He snapped back. "She's so serious" he muttered. "She doesn't seem fun today" he continued.

"My mother is not a toy" I scolded.

"I'm going to tell Hades to come in" Julien told me before rushing outside. I swear this guy simply wanted to see what new drama was going to happen. I put my bag on the floor next to the door before making my way to the living room. My mother was sitting on the couch. Her stare was cold.

"What's happening, mom?" I asked seriously. She took a few deep breaths and sighed. She closed her eyes before shaking her head. I didn't know why she was not telling me what the matter was. She always tells me everything.

"Let's wait for Hades to get here" she simply said. I could tell that she was not pissed at me. Her eyes would always tell me what she was feeling.