Chapter 21: Go mother Go!

I held on my mom's arm as we walked to the door of Julien's house. I turned to look at my best friends who seemed to be discussing in the car. Ella appeared to be pissed at Julien. Mom didn't seem nervous while I was. I mean, those people in there were dangerous. I was not really fond of the idea of being inside of the same house as them.

"You're hurting my hand" my mother muttered. I quickly let go of her hand while offering a sheepish smile. "Don't be nervous, I'm with you" she reassured. I sighed then stood in front the door. My mother knocked on it while frowning. The door opened. We saw Julien's mother, Abby, who seemed to have just woken up. She was a beautiful woman. But unfortunately, she let herself go. Her eyes were red and there were dark circles under them. Her beautiful blonde hair was messy and the dress that she was wearing was stained everywhere.

"What do you want?" she asked when she recognized us. My mother went from frowning to glaring. Oh. My mother hated when people disrespected her or me.

"We're here to pick up the belongings of Julien" my mother snapped, making my eyes widened in admiration.

"Belongings?" Abby asked in outrage and disbelief. "He doesn't own anything here!" she exclaimed. "You can go!" she spat. She was such a bitch. She was going to close the door but my mother pushed open the door.

Go, mother! Go!

"Listen well and clear, Abby" my mother started. Oh dude. She sounded so menacing that even I was getting goosebumps. "Either you let me take Julien's things willingly, or I'm calling the police" she started. Abby clenched her jaws then turned to look behind her. We could hear someone walking to the door and soon, her boyfriend emerged from behind her.

"What do they want?" He asked, eyeing us as if we were some shit that got stuck to his shoe. He was the asshole who dared to beat up my best friend. He was sexy asshole though. I rolled my eyes at my own words then shook my head.

"They're here to take Julien's belongings" Abby said, sounding frustrated. Abby's boyfriend turned to look at us with rose eyebrows. "If we don't let them, they'll call the police" she continued, glaring more precisely at my mother. My mom was so courageous.

The man chuckled humorlessly, then his eyes drifted from my mother to I. I gulped but still kept my position. I tried to look as confident as my mother. They should not notice how freak out I was inside. I didn't want to give them the pleasure of appearing intimidating to me.

"The little shit can't come to take his things himself?" Abby's boyfriend asked. I could see a twisted sort of amusement when he would mention Julien. I clenched my jaws. How I wish we would Ella come so that she would bash that handsome asshole.

"Julien" My mother said, emphasizing on Julien's name, while glaring at the man. "Is not interested in seeing your faces again" she said. "Now either you move and let us take the things or the police can do it" she continued. Abby sighed then turned to look at her boyfriend before turning to look at my mother.

"Fine. But be quick" She demanded. My mother motioned me to walk in first as she didn't know where Julien's room was. Once I stepped in the house, smoke was the first thing that met my nose. The house was surprisingly quite clean. We could see a few bottles here and there. I walked up the stairs and quickly walked to Julien's room. Abby and her boyfriend was following behind us. I opened the room and the first thing I did was, to walk to his bed. I bent and looked under the bed to see several boxes.

"I'm taking his clothes" my mother told me.

"There are boxes in his closet. You can put his clothes in one and his college stuffs in another one" I told my mother as I started opening the boxes to look for the one with photographs and money. Soon, I got it. There were plenty of photos of Julien and his father, making me smile pitifully. Julien didn't deserve to lose his father. I stood up and put the box on the bed. I walked to my mother and helped her to stuff all of Julien's clothes in one box.

"You continue here, I'll take his college stuffs" My mother told me while taking a box and walking to the table. Once I was done with the clothes, I took his phone and his charger, then piled it up on her box. My mother was soon done taking all the college thing. "Are there more things to take?" she asked. I shook my head, then we took the boxes.

"Tell Julien that I don't want to see him again" Abby snapped as we by passed her in the corridor. My mother put the box that she was holding on the floor, then turned to look at Abby.

"You're a mother. How can you talk about your son like this? How can you let that insult of a man beat up your own flesh and blood? How can you?" my mother asked in disbelief. But it seemed like she was really curious. "I promise you, one day, you'll be begging to have Julien back in your life. That boy is precious, while you, on the other hand, you're nothing" my mother said. "You don't even realize what you just lost and you don't even know how happy and relief I am to know that Julien will be living with us. You're not worth being a mother. You're not worth being his mother, Abby" my mother sighed while shaking her head, then picked up the box before walking down the stairs, with me following behind me. Abby simply stood there with wide eyes.