Chapter 20: Freaking Out and Anger

"What? And why is Julien already at your place? He didn't even pick me up" Ella whined in the phone. I sighed then got on the backseat of the car while Julien sat in the passenger seat.

"It's a long story" I told her.

"If you guys are not going to college, then I'm not!" she exclaimed.

"Mom, can you pick Ella up?" I asked my mother who started the engine of the car while nodding. "Where are you?" I then asked Ella.

"I thought Julien was coming to pick me up, so I'm standing in front of my house" Ella told me. I knew that she was pouting. I chuckled slightly, already imagining Ella waiting, with her sunglasses on and and her mini pink skirt and matching top.

"Stay there, we're coming" I told her, then ended the call. I could see Julien frowning through the rear view mirror. "What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Apprehending Ella's reaction to my face" he then chuckled.

"She's either going to freak out or she is going to get extremely mad" I guessed. Julien sighed then rested his head against the window. I tried to put myself in his situation. If I was him, I wouldn't have been able to deal with this. I wonder how many people were in this situation but wouldn't seek for help.

After a few minutes of driving, my mother parked the car in front of Ella. She glared at me, not even looking at Julien or my mother. She opened the door, then sat in as if she owned the car. She didn't even utter a word. I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything. Ella turned her attention to my mother then finally to the back of the head of Julien.

"Why didn't you call me to tell me that you weren't going to come?" Ella asked.

"Luna called you" Julien said, not turning to look at Ella, like he would have usually done.

"But why didn't you?" my best friend snapped. See? That was why I always shipped them.

"Because I wanted to call you" I sais, making her roll her eyes.

"You guys are hiding something" Ella muttered. "Mrs Jenkins, what are they hiding?" she asked my mother suspiciously. My mother gulped, then stared at me.

"You shouldn't distract the driver" she said quickly, then focused on the road again.

"Julien! What is happening?" Ella finally asked in exasperation. I saw Julien take a deep breath before turning to look at Ella. I watched as Ella's eyes widened.

"Oh my fucking God!" She screeched, leaning closer to look at Julien who winced slightly at how loud she screamed. "Who fucking dared to do that to you?!" she asked in anger. She slowly reached for Julien's face. Suddenly, she started sobbing. Her eyes met his and for a few seconds, they simply stared at each other. Julien looked surprised when he saw the tears rolling down Ella's cheeks.

"Don't cry! It's okay" Julien tried to reassure.

"It's not fucking okay!" Ella exclaimed. I turned to look at my mother. I knew she wanted to scold Ella for the language but she simply watched knowing that it wouldn't be appropriate to say that now. "Who did that?" she asked.

"I'll tell you more once you're calmed down" Julien told her.

"I'm already calmed!" Ella practically shouted, making chuckle slightly.

"Sure, you are" Julien muttered, sarcasm coating his words.

"Where are we going?" my best friend asked.

"At his place to take his belongings" I told her.

"Why?"

"Because he's moving in with us" My mother told Ella, who was now staring at all of us in confusion.

"Why?" she asked in bewilderment. Then, her eyes widened. She finally put the pieces together. She turned to look at Julien. "They did that?" she asked, referring to Julien's mother and her boyfriend. Julien sighed, before nodding. Ella closed her eyes, then rested her head against my shoulder. "They're so fucked up" she muttered, opening her eyes to look at Julien.

"I didn't know you care that much " Julien joked slightly, making Ella frown.

"You know that I do" she whispered. It was now loud enough for him to hear. But I did. "I think it's unfair as the only good thing that you have is your face" she told Julien, teasing him back. "Now, you don't have that too" she continued.

"At least after a few days, I'll have my good face back. What about you?" Julien asked, making Ella gasp while I bursted out laughing.

"We're here, kids" my mother announced, making our laughter die. "I'm going to take your thing" she told Julien. "You'll stay here" she ordered. I knew that she didn't want Julien to confront his mother again.

"But you don't know which are my belongings or where my room is" Julien explained, making my mother sigh.

"I don't want you back in there, Julien" my mother said with finality in her tone. "One of the girls will have to come with me" she finally said. I quickly rose my hand as if I was still in middle school.

"I'll come with you, mom" I told her. "We don't want Ella in there" I continued. I knew how Ella was. She was able to beat up Julien's mother.

"You two stay here while Luna and I take Julien's things" my mother told them as she stepped out of the car.

"What do you want us to take?" I asked Julien before opening the door of the car.

"All my important things and my college things" he told me. I nodded then opened the door. Just as I was about to walk out, he stopped me. "There's a box under my bed in which there's some photographs and money, take that too" he said.

"You do know that my mother will be giving you money just like she does with me, right?" I asked. He nodded with a smile. I needed him to know that my mother was going to treat him like her own son.

"I know. But the photos are important for me" he said.

"I'll bring them then" I told him with a reassuring smile.