Chapter 23: Hannah

i stood in front of the door, waiting for Hades' driver to pick me up. Ella was standing beside me, a big grin on her face. She was waiting for me to go first, then she was going to go back home. I lifted my phone to look at my reflection. I was wearing a light make up but the lipstick was dark red. My hair was loose on my back and the high heels that I was wearing was not that annoying.

"You look beautiful" Ella said reassuringly from next to me. I watch as a black car approached my house. There was HR written on one of the door.

"Thank you" I breathed as I started walking to the car. Ella smiled at me when I turned to look at her. Then, I noticed the driver getting out of the car to open the door of the backseat for me. "Hello" I greeted. Why was I so nervous?

"Good evening, Miss Jenkins" The driver greeted with a smile. I smiled back then got in the car. I watched as Ella walked back in my house. The door closed and the driver got in the car. This all seemed so formal. The car started moving, making me gulp.

Soon, we reached a huge mansion. The driver stopped the car, making my eyes widened at how big that house actually was. I took a deep breath, then opened my hand bag. I could notice that the driver was observing me through the rear view mirror. I was feeling suddenly hot. That was what happened whenever i was nervous. I took out a hair tie, then tied my hair in a high ponytail. I needed air. The driver got out, walked to my door and opened it. I took a deep breath before stepping put of the car. The driver motioned me to the front door of the house. I slowly took hesitant steps in its direction.

"Why the fuck are you so nervous, Luna?" I mumbled to myself while staring at the huge mansion. I felt so small in front of it. The door suddenly opened and I watched as Hades stepped out, with a smile on his face. His eyes raked over me and I could see appreciation in them. He was wearing a suit.

Welcome, Suit and tie suits him perfectly.

"Welcome, Miss Jenkins" he said. His voice was so deep and sexy. I watched as he licked his lips while staring at me.

"Miss Jenkins?" I said with rose eyebrows. "Please, call me Luna" I said teasingly. He took one of my hands in his, and gently bent to kiss it. That was unexpected.

"I prefer Love" he told me as he moved slightly and motioned me to walk in. There was something about that man. There was something that attracted me.

"I prefer Love too" I whispered loud enough for him to hear. The sexual tension was suffocating. He walked in the house, then closed the door. "So, who did you want me to meet?" I asked, offering him a small smile. Hades motioned me to walk and we both started walking in his house. It was so pretty. The interior design was modern. "Your house is so pretty" I complimented.

"Thank you" He said. Soon, we reached the dining room, where there was a beautiful blond woman sitting. I turned to look at Hades, then turned my attention back to the woman who was now standing up. I watched as she smiled, showing off her dimples. She had pitch black eyes.

"So, She is Luna?" she asked. Her smile seemed so fake that it set me off. I tried to smile too but finally an awkward frown settled on my face.

"Yes, I am" I answered. "and you are?" I asked. Hades was simply standing by my side, staring at our exchange.

"I'm Hannah" she presented herself. "Hades' best friend" she continued. I forced on a smile then took her hand in mine as a shake hand.

"Nice to meet you, Hannah" I lied.

"Likewise" she responded. Hades motioned us to sit and we did. "So Luna, what do you do in life?" she asked when we were all seated. Some maids walked in with with the food and served us.

"I'm studying Social work in college" I told her. "What about you?" I asked. I was kind of thrown off guard by that woman. I though Hades didn't have much friend. Why would he want me to meet Hannah? I mean, yeah, we decided to be friends. But was it important for me to meet her?

"Well, I'm a daddy's girl" She said while giggling, making me frown in confusion.

"Which means?" I asked.

"What's the use of studying and working when you already have the money?" she asked as if it was obvious. Oh. She was that type of girl. I chuckled while shaking my head in pure disbelief.

"What's the use of eating to survive when you're already going to die one day?" I questioned smartly and watched as her eyes widened in surprise. Haded was looking at me. A cute little frown formed on his face as he stared. His right corner lip moved upwards. I smiled at him then started eating. Hades started talking to both of us.

During the dinner, I noticed that Hannah was staring at me weirdly. I was quite disappointed when I learnt that she was going to come along at the beach house. You could also distinguish the disappointment in her eyes. Hades wanted us to be "friends" before we all go to the beach house. It seemed like Hades wasn't noticing the awkwardness between Hannah and I. I would have highly prefer a dinner only with Hades. Hannah and I were not going to be friend so soon. I feel like she was already having a strong dislike towards me. I didn't discuss much with Hannah during dinner. It was mostly Hades and I. Whenever I was talking, she wouldn't say anything.

The week at the beach house promise to be interesting.