Chapter 27: Liar

Hades stopped the car in front of my house. We both frowned when we saw someone sitting on my porch with what seemed to be a cigarette between their lips. Hades opened the door while motioning me to stay in the car. I rolled my eyes and opened the door before stepping out, making Hades sigh in annoyance.

"Get in the car, Luna" Hades ordered while glaring at me. I watched as the person let his cigarette fall on the ground and stepped on it. We couldn't see his face due to the darkness.

"The guys in in front of my house, on my porch. I get the right to know who it it, don't you think?" I asked while rolling my eyes again.

"If he's in front of your house and on your porch, he definitely came for you. Risky, don't you think?" Hades asked. He shook his head as if I was just plain stupid.

"Why is it risky?" I asked confusingly.

"Who comes to see you at eleven at night?" he asked. I huffed then crossed my arms over my chest to glare at him. He simply glared back.

"It's just me" Hades and I both turned to look at the guy, who might have attacked both of us as we were more indulged in arguing than trying to know who it was. Jace stepped out of the darkness.

"I'm getting back in the car" I mumbled. I didn't want to talk to Jace or to Angie. I simply wanted to live my life without drama.

Yeah, sure.

As if kissing Hades wasn't going to bring more drama stuffs on you.

"I need to talk to you" Jace quickly said. Hades simply stood there, staring at me. He was ignoring Jace. He wanted to see what I was about to do.

"I don't want to talk to you" I mumbled.

"Please, Luna" he begged.

"What for? To feed me some lies too?" I asked while chuckling. It was humorless chuckle. I've never felt more betrayed in my whole life.

"Listen to him" Hades said from next to me. I turned to look at him in disbelief. He was simply staring at me. No particular emotion on his face. The way he told me to listen to whatever Jace had to say, seemed as if he was ordering me.

"You don't get to tell me what to do" I muttered, then made my way to the door ignoring both of the guys. Suddenly, someone pulled on my elbow, making me hiss in pain as their grip was hard.

"Talk but don't touch" I heard Hades snap. Jace let go of my elbow to turn to glare at Hades.

"Who the fuck do you think you are to tell me what to do?" Jace spat while taking a step in Hades' direction.

Freaking male hormones.

Hades simply smirked and rolled up his sleeves. His tattoos were to display and I unconsciously licked my lips. He didn't seem to be the calm Hades. This Hades seemed way more intimidating than the first time I saw him. That smirk on his face screamed danger. I quickly walked to them and stood between them. I placed my hand on Hades' chest and watched as his eyes drifted from Jace to me.

"He's not worth it" I told Jace while shaking my head.

"Really, Luna?" Jace asked in disbelief. "Still you want me, right?" he asked while chuckling. I clenched my jaws then turned my attention to him.

"Want?" I scoffed. "I liked you. Now, Go" I ordered. Jace frowned, then glared at me.

"Now what? You like him?" He asked in disbelief while staring at Hades with disgust in his eyes.

"That doesn't concern you. You have a fucking girlfriend who you lied to! You don't get to ask me anything about my life, you fucking liar" I shouted. This time, I felt someone take my hand in theirs. Hades caressed my hand softly, trying to calm me down.

"So you're just going to let our years of friendship go like that?" Jace asked. I could feel the sadness in his voice. I knew that I didn't want to lose my friendship with him. But I also knew that I wanted him to understand that he couldn't just lie and get away with it.

"Did you think of that when you lied to Angie and made me seem like a slut?" I asked him. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, then opened them again.

"I shouldn't have done that" He whispered.

"But you did. And I need time" I said. He took a deep breath. I simply stood there, staring at him. "You need to go" I told him before turning to look at Hades. I knew that Jace was walking away as I could hear his steps fading away.

"You're okay?" Hades asked.

"You were seriously going to get into a fight with him?" I questioned while looking at his rolled up sleeves. He chuckled, then ran his hand in his hair. He grinned, then shook his head.

"No" he responded. "People usually have a tendency to run away when they see me roll up my sleeves" he explained.

"Why?" I asked, trying to pretend as if I didn't know about the several problems that he got into due to his violent side.

"Don't act like you don't know already" he breathed, then brought one of his hand on my cheek. "I'm pretty sure that you did some research on me before accepting the deal" he said while smiling. I could see that it was a forced smile. I shrugged, then smirked.

"Yes. I did" I admitted. He chuckled. He leant, then kissed my lips slowly. It was a soft peck. He pulled away, then smiled.

"Why didn't you run away?" he asked in amusement.

"Give me a good reason to. Because this one is not enough to have me running" I said. His eyes widened in surprise. I simply chuckled while shaking my head, then walked back in the house, leaving a dumbfounded Hades behind.