Chapter 38: Pointless Talks

I opened the door and saw a man, with a suit and tie, standing there, with a bag in his hand. I frowned in confusion. Knowing that it wasn't me who called him, I offered him a smile.

"I guess this is for Hades?" I questioned. The man, who was wearing sunglasses while it was pouring outside, nodded curtly. He handed me the bag. I took it, then watched as he walked away. "Have a nice day!" I shouted in the corridor. He kept walking as if he didn't hear me.

Rude much?

"Hades! You've got a bag!" I shouted as I walked back in the room after closing the door.

"Why do you have to shout, I'm here" he mumbled as he sat on the bed, now his laptop on his lap. He was still working.

"Were you planning to work while we are at the beach house?" I asked, with one rose eyebrow. I put the bag on the couch and made my way to the bed. Hades didn't even look at me while I was talking to him. That was one thing that I considered as extremely disrespectful. "I'm talking to you!" I shouted even louder, knowing that he hated that. He rose his head and stare at me with wide eyes. It was as if he was witnessing a mad woman being insane right in front of me.

"Why do you have to shout?" he grumbled as he pushed his laptop off his lap. He stood up, then made his way to the couch. He took the bag then opened it. The whole time, I was glaring at him.

"If you actually answered me, I wouldn't have to shout" I retorted. Hades rolled his eyes, then handed me the bag.

"This is for you" he said. I hesitantly took it from his hands and watched as he walked back to the bed.

Oh Hell No.

"You're not getting back in bed" I said while shaking my head. Hades rose one of his eyebrows and stared at me as if I was plain stupid.

"What make you think that I will listen to you?" he asked. I rose my eyebrows. I hated being challenged. I crossed my arms over my breasts and smiled. I knew that the smile was too fake as he sighed in annoyance. "What are you going to do?" He questioned. I smiled even more. I was really not planning anything. Just the idea of me planning to do something, had him worried.

Why?

"Luna, what are you freaking planning?" He grumbled. I wanted to laugh but I kept my grin on my face.

"Nothing" I replied truthfully. He pushed his laptop off him again ,then got out of the bed...again.

Poor him.

"What is in that pretty mind of yours?" He questioned. His voice was so low and husky ,that I felt goosebumps rise on my skin.

"Nothing" I repeated challengingly.

"Okay" he responded, now wearing a grin on his face.

what?

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Nothing" he responded, his grin growing bigger.

"Are you kidding me?" I snapped and watched as he chuckled.

"That's how annoying you are" Hades said, making me huff in annoyance. "Tell me" He urged as he took my hand in his. The warmth spread from his hand to mine. The way he was looking at me, already told me that I was in some deep trouble... Trouble that I was obviously going to like. Hades pulled me to him, making me crash in his chest.

Damn that muscled chest.

"Nothing" I admitted again. His eyes bored into mine. He actually understood that I had nothing to tell as my voice has turned softer. I seemed to be hypnotized by his eyes. There was something about him. There was something about the way he looked at me. I gulped and tore my eyes from his. I felt like it was getting too intense.

"Sometimes, I feel like you're always running away" He said ,in a oh-so-serious tone. I smirked then laughed. I knew that he was actually talking in general, but I shook it off.

"I'm not running away" I scoffed. "I had nothing to say" I repeated. "I was just messing with you" I told him. "So why is this bag mine?" I asked to get away from this conversation. Hades simply looked at me for a few seconds before taking the bag and handing it to me again. I took it with a grin.

"We're still not done with this conversation" he casually added. I ignored him, then opened the bag. There were clothes in there. I stared at Hades in confusion. The frown on my face made him frown back.

"You don't like me wearing your shirts?" I asked. He shook his head in disbelief before chuckling. I rolled my lips in my mouth and stared at him, not finding nothing really amusing about this situation.

"I don't mind you wearing my shirts. I just got one of my security man to buy you some dresses because we'll be going for dinner in the hotel's restaurant" I nodded , slowly registering his words in my mind.

"You've got security guards?" I asked in surprise.

"Yeah" he responded as if it was completely normal.

"Why?"

"For security purpose" he said. I kept a neutral face.

Was that his attempt to make a joke?

"No fucking way!" I exclaimed in fake shock. Hades chuckled before heading to bed again. "I swear if you touch this laptop, I'm hurting you" I threatened.

"Oh sweetheart, you threatening me, is very amusing to me" Hades said with amusement. I rolled my eyes, then made my way to the bed. I pulled his laptop away and watched as his eyes widened.

Was his job that important?

"I'll give it to you on the last night of the trip" I told him seriously. Hades leant his head on the pillow with a sigh.

Good thing that he decided not to argue for once.