Chapter 71: Keep On Living

"You're still mad at me?" I asked Julien hesitantly once I was in his room. He turned around to look at me then rolled his eyes.

"I was not even mad. You were born stupid. Kinda accepted you that way to be honest. So I have to deal with it" Julien mumbled. I picked up a pillow from the couch that was just opposite his bed and threw it at him. He chuckled lightly.

"I spoke to my mom" I told him.

"That's good. You have realise to how lucky you are, Lun" he said. Knowing his life, I knew where he was coming from.

"She has us in her life, why wouldn't she lucky?" Ella asked as she walked in. She threw her bag on the couch then jumped on Julien's bed. "I wish I was able to stay here my entire life" She sighed in relief.

"Who let you in?" Julien asked with a frown. Ella rose her head, then glared at him.

"I have a key, dumbass" she retorted. Julien gasped before turning his accusing eyes at me.

"And I still don't have a key!" he exclaimed. I chuckled before letting my body fall on the couch. I shrugged.

"I always forget to get it done" I told him. Ella was looking at him with a teasing facial expression. I didn't want to participate to that so I simply stood up and made my way to the door. Just then, my mother appeared by the door. "Mom" I said.

"Mrs Jenkins" Ella greeted.

"Hi Ella" my mother greeted with a big smile. I felt like we both needed this conversation. "Luna, I rescheduled your appointment with Dr Alistair. It is rescheduled for whenever you feel ready" she announced. "I assumed that you would prefer a night with your friends tonight" she continued. I felt a heavy fear being lift up from my heart. My face lit up and I literally ran to hug her.

"Thank you mom" I exclaimed. She kissed my forehead then waved at my friends before walking away.

"Dr Alistair again?" Ella asked confusingly.

"yeah, I have a few session with him" I simply said.

"You clearly haven't read the news today" Julien mumbled.

"I have been quite busy with Jason" Ella moaned. We both turned to look at her. She seemed very pleased and in deep thought.

"Did you guy f-" I started asking.

"Yes. yes. we did" she whispered before burying her face in the pillow. She lets out a high pitch scream of excitement. It was the first time that I was seeing Ella that invest into a relationship. She seemed like she was really liking Jason very much. Suddenly, she rose her head to look at us. "Wait, what did I miss?" she asked and sat up.

"Hannah is pregnant" Julien announced. Ella's mouth dropped opened in shock.

"With Hades' baby" I added and watched as she does a double take.

"What the fuck? An hour of fucking and I miss all this? How are you feeling, Luna?" she questioned all in one sentence without even taking in a breath.

"I'm good" I lied. "Well, I will be good" I continued. Suddenly, an idea popped in my head. "What about we go out tonight?" I asked.

"Hell yes" Ella responded quickly.

"Let's get drunk" I announced.

"Hell No" Julien mumbled.

"Why now?" I asked in disapproval.

"Because I can sense like I will be the designated driver" He sighed.

"We'll just take an Uber. Let's simply get drunk. All three of us" I said. I wanted to party so hard that I would live all this shit behind. "Listen, my internship in the business will start soon. I want to be able to party" I breathed. Julien was looking at me seriously before he finally nodded.

"Call Jason and tell him to come along" Julien proposed. Ella nodded cheerfully.

"Let's go get ready. We'll have dinner at a restaurant before going to a club" I told them. "Ella, come find a dress" I said.

"Ouh! I love your dresses" She exclaimed.

"Because you're the one who helped me buy most of them" I scoffed.

"Exactly!" she said as she jumped off the bed and ran to me. We both started making our way to my room. "How are you really feeling, Luna?" she asked me seriously as she opened the door of my room and walked in.

"Like shit" I admitted.

"I'm pretty sure he gave you a decent explanation though" she mumbled.

"He didn't. He just left without saying a word. Despite me calling him several times, he ignored me and drove off" I told her with a humorless chuckle.

"He didn't" Ella whispered in disbelief. "This is so unlike him" she breathed. I shrugged.

"Well, enough talking about him" I hyped, sounding so fake. "I am not going to sit here and cry over him. I want to go out. I want to keep on living" I told her. She smiled then moved to the walk-in robe.

"Well, let's get some sexy clothes to wear" She suggested while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Agreed" I walked in and started shuffling through my clothes. I was not feeling inspired so I quickly walked out. "I will let you choose my dress for today" I announced and watched as Ella's eyes brightened up.

"Holy hell" She laughed. "Yes, mam!' she quickly ran to the wardrobe and started shuffling through the clothes. I never let her choose my clothes because she always choose the most revealing ones. After a few seconds, she comes out with a red dress in her hands. It was very short, might be reaching just below my bum. It had laces on the both side. It would show my skin. The cleavage was loose but it was very sexy and classy as well.

"Yes" I approved.

"Wait. The heels" Ella quickly ran back to the wardrobe and came out with a black high heels shoes. "You gotta get out and shine. Like you always do. No matter the situation" Ella said with confidence.

A smile crept on my face. The presence and support of my mother and my best friends were everything that I needed in that moment.