Chapter 37: Singing Competition

"What was your biggest dream when you were a kid?" I asked Hades as I rested my head on his stomach. We were both still on the bed. It was around 3 in the afternoon. I didn't see the reason to get off bed. Neither did he. He was emailing some of his business partners while talking to me.

"Biggest dream?" he repeated, seeming a little bit distracted. I nodded my head and waited for a few seconds. I was about to turn my head to glare at him when he casually threw his phone on the other side of the bed with a sigh. "Finally done" he mumbled. "So my biggest dream when I was a kid, would be-" he stopped and thought about it. I didn't miss to notice that he was now playing with my hair. I closed my eyes and tried not to fall asleep.

Oh. How I love it when people play with my hair.

"I wanted to be an author" He said out of the blue. My eyes opened. I turned to look at him with wide eyes. "Yeah, I know it doesn't match the person that I am" he chuckled. I frowned and shook my head.

"I wanted to become an author too" I admitted. "Well, I wanted to become a singer. Because I watched Hannah Montana" I said and watched as he bursted out laughing. I rolled my eyes, then sat up. He did the same. We were now both facing each other. "You don't have the right to laugh at my dream" i mumbled and playfully punched his chest. He shook his head before shrugging.

"I remember I wanted to become a singer as well" he said, now making me burst out laughing. I couldn't imagine Hades being a singer.

"What type of singer?" I asked, trying to calm myself.

"A Rockstar" he told me with a bright smile, making me burst out laughing. This was so unlike him.

"Can you sing me a song?" I asked him. Hades rolled his lips in his mouth. He looked so nice. How can he look nice even looking like this? I chuckled while staring at him. It was as if I told him to eat a piece of poop.

"Only if you do as well" he said. I knew that I was not bad at singing. I nodded and smiled brightly at him. He groaned before taking a deep breath. I liked the Hades who seemed to be himself around me. He was so far from the cold one that I first met. "I can't believe that I am actually going to sing" he sighed.

"Come on!" I urged.

"What do you want me to sing?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Whatever you want!" I exclaimed.

"You're extremely annoying" he muttered before clearing his throat. I simply grinned and motioned him to sing. He opened his mouth and he actually started singing. "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, How I wonder what you are, One for my master, one for m-" I couldn't help myself but burst out laughing.

What the actual hell?

A I stuffed my face in the pillow and laughed my ass off. I couldn't stop. His voice was horrible. But he still managed to look sexy while singing. I heard him groan and how hard I was laughing. I could feel my stomach starting to ache. This was horrible.

"Are you done?" He asked in annoyance. I rose my head to look at him. My eyes were extremely teary. I wiped my cheeks and tried to calm myself down. I rose my finger and motioned him to wait before I bursted into another fit of laughter.

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed while laughing. I managed to calm myself down.

"I guess I was extremely bad" he muttered, but I could see the amusement in his eyes.

"You mixed two songs together!" I exclaimed. Hades rolled his eyes, then crossed his arms over his chest to look at me.

"Your turn" Hades said with a wicked grin. He wanted me to sing so that he would actually laugh at me too. I licked my lips unconsciously then sat stress straight.

"What song do you want me to sing?" I asked.

"What song you want" Hades said.

"Tell me one song" I demanded and watched as he narrowed his eyes at me because of the tone that I used. He smirked.

"Elvis Presley, I can't help falling in love with you" He said. That was a difficult song. He most probably thought that i didn't know the song.

Too bad for him. That's my mom's favorite song.

I cleared my throat, then stared at him. "Wait, you know that song?" he asked. I nodded and watched as his eyes widened in amazement and he nodded in appreciation.

"Wise men say only fools rush in.
But I can't help falling in love with you.
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you.
Like a river flows surely to the sea. Darling so it goes.
Some things are meant to be.
Take my hand, take my whole life too.
For I can't help falling in love with you"

I stopped singing and watched his face. He looked emotionless. His eyes were wide opened. He gulped, then started clapping.

"You're fucking good" He swore as he stared at me in amazement. "Your voice is amazing" he praised. I smiled brightly then tilted my head slightly to the left. That was something that I usually did when I was shy. My hair slowly fell on my face so that it was covering my bright red cheeks.

How can a compliment from Hades affect me that much?

"Don't hide your face" he said as he pushed my hair away from my face. I stared at him. The way he would looked at me, made me feel so freaking beautiful. "Your voice is beautiful" he said, his voice near to a whisper.

"Thank you" I whispered back.