~ Man's Best Friend ~

Quick A/N: Hey guys, I'm open to requests again. However! My emetaphobia has been through the roof lately so writing about vomit, or even thinking about it, has been quite hard since my anxiety gets in the way. Please remind me if I have yet to do your request (even if it involves vomit in some form) so I can start them as soon as possible. Thank you x

Summary: Tom is staying at his parents' house whilst he's poorly, but he isn't getting as much sympathy as the family dog.

-----

Tom was sick.

He was the sick man of Europe.

Stuffy nose, headaches, fevers, the full-monty!

He cocooned himself in blankets as he laid silently in his childhood bedroom, hugging a tissue box as he tried to catch up on some much needed rest. Filming for Spiderman had taken a pause for the Christmas season and Tom was very much happy to be back home with his family.

He just wished he hadn't been feeling so rotten.

Tom lifted up his head slowly as he heard a knock on his bedroom door.

"Mhm, come in." He mumbled as he rubbed his tired eyes with his fist.

Nikki opened the door and peered into the room.

"I've brought you a cup of tea, Darling." She said softly as she placed it beside him on the bedside table next to the glass of stagnant water.

"Danks Mum." Tom said as he tried to sit up, Nikki had to prop pillows up behind his weary little head.

Tessa limped into the bedroom, she was avoiding putting pressure on her right paw which was bandaged up. On a walk the day before she got caught up in some barbed wire, so the vet stitched her up and put a pink bandage around her paw that looked rather sweet.

She managed to crawl up on the bed and laid down next to Tom.

"Aww, my poor babies." Nikki cooed softly as she stroked the top of Tessa's head.

Tom pouted, pushing his lips out and giving his mother puppy dog eyes too before she moved onto running her hand through his curls. The back of her hand gently stroking his forehead.

"You're warm, let me grab the thermometer." She said standing back up to retrieve it.

Tom brought is arm across his face to cough in the crook of his elbow, those thick chesty ones that just shake you up, the pain spreads to his throat which only makes it worse. Tessa grunted before laying her head down.

He grabbed his mug of tea and almost huddled around it as he shivered, trying to absorb as much heat as he could whilst he inhaled the steam to try and unblock his sinuses. Small sips helped to calm down the coughing for a while.

"It took me ages to find one with working batteries, but this should do it." Nikki said as she turned the device on before sticking it in Tom's ear momentarily.

Tom didn't necessarily like the feeling, it didn't hurt but it didn't feel right either.

"Oh okay, you're already at 38.9° which is a little higher than I thought it would be if I'm being honest." Nikki said slightly concerned as she caressed Tom's warm cheek.

"Eh, I'm *cough cough* gonna live." Tom joked as he slumped back down against his pillows, Tessa moved her head into his lap which helped to warm him up.

"I have to do some work downstairs for a while then a zoom meeting, after that I'm all yours. Will you be able to manage?" Nikki asked him, Tom was comfortable where he was and felt like he would probably fall asleep soon anyway. He nodded before giving Tessa's ears a good scratching.