16 | Britney, Bitch

Aubrey

Today was the first game of the season for the football team, meaning I had to make a nice impression. The cheer team was little to nothing, so I could definitely out-do them and show greater support for my boyfriend. Why did that matter? Well, the prom propaganda started here. I couldn't scurry and do things last minute if I wanted to win. Jason and I need look like that couple for several months if we want to convince our peers to vote for us. On an unrelated note, I was pretty mad at Jason yesterday, but that anger didn't last long nor did I want it to. I'm kind of lonely, and I need him.

I wore a mock jersey, all the football players were given two so that they could give it to whoever. I wasn't sure who Jason was giving his second jersey to, I assumed his mom because that's what most players did. Could you believe that I haven't met her yet?

Jason

"I have to go to school" I sighed, as Britney, my ex, blocked my doorway. She and I broke up nearly three months ago, yet she still tries to find little ways to pop up in my life. I haven't mentioned her to Aubrey because Aubrey is ruthless and would without a doubt attempt to do something hurtful.

"I know you have a mock jersey or two" Britney said, and I groaned as I hung my head. I didn't tell Britney about Aubrey either, only because Britney would most likely pop up even more if she knew I had a new girlfriend. I didn't want my relationship to be ruined by anybody.

Britney knew about mock jerseys because she and I had dated for majority of high school. Everybody used to think that Britney and I were gonna be endgame. Nothing crazy happened, I just fell out of love and Britney had become overly obsessed. Thankfully, she attended a different high school.

I gave in, "if I give you a jersey you have to promise to claim that it's an old one from a year before. You also have to agree that if anybody asks, you're my ex." Britney looked at me like she was trying to read me, but I didn't have any more time for this. "I have to meet up with my guy friends at school" I lied, "so either comply with that or you don't get a jersey."

Britney rolled her eyes, "fine" she obliged as I quickly opened my bag and shoved a mock jersey into her hands. Aubrey already had the other.

Typically Aubrey would pick me up, but we decided that on game days I would drive myself, in case she wanted to go home early or something.

Britney let me get past and began walking down the street in the opposite direction of where I was going. On days like this, I can't even fathom how I managed to date her for so long. That girl is the epitome of insufferable. I didn't waste another minute at my house. Without even looking in the mirror, I backed out into the street and sped off.

Nova

You would've thought that I was the star quarterback on the team, the way I was so excited for game day. I spent the entire night in Nick's mock jersey. But that's not all, after the game, Nick and I decided that I would also get to meet his mom! Hopefully by next week he'll meet mine, it's just, we keep going to my house at weird times. We always end up either missing my mom because she left for work early, or just can't meet in the moment because something else got in the way, like a heavy gush of blood, for example.

I decided to wear white ripped jeans and white vans, because white goes with everything. On game days Nick allegedly plans ahead (according to his teammates) so I wasn't surprised when he texted me "ready?" half an hour before he usually picks me up. This was too exciting, of course I'm ready!

***

"Matching, how cute!" Brynn smiled at me as she approached Nick and I. We had just left second period and were going to his locker really quickly because I had forgotten something in the morning. I mimicked Brynn's facial expression.