66 | Weight Gain

March 25, 2022

Nick

Life was good. I finally had a championship ring to go with all the other great awards that I've won within my football career. On top of that, I was gonna be able to brag about it in college to the boys who never made it to a conference championship, a state championship, or even just a playoff game.

Nova had began asking me about the drink more and more over the course of the last two weeks, but not exactly in a "that drink was so good" I need more way, more in a "oh, no drink today? You must not love me anymore" way. So, since it seemed that she really wanted it, I began making this drink more often. The only part I struggled with now was sex, but that was because Nova and I typically didn't have that much alone time. If Aubrey didn't need something then Hailey wanted to see her, and if it wasn't that then May wanted to have a girls day.

Aubrey had started her fundraiser, and as I expected, Nova was determined to do the same, but better. It didn't seem that there was any beefing between Nova and Aubrey this time around, but there was definitely some sort of hostility, and they weren't around each other as much as before. In fact, this was probably the most couple-ish that Nova and I have looked. Same with Aubrey and Jason.

***

"You gonna start a fundraiser too like Aubrey did?" I asked Nova as she and I sat in my car. She shrugged, "it would be hard to, because nobody will want to donate to two causes at once. Plus, I have to find something that's not similar." I licked my bottom lip, "fair point" I said, "so what are you gonna do?"

"Well, the class President spot has been like, vacant all year" Nova said. "I'm not sure why, but I intend on taking that spot, and being the best class President for the next two months and ten days." I chuckled, "it's vacant because it's a shit load" I said, "you have to organize graduation, prom, and anything in between. It'll be easier if you have a Vice President right behind you though."

"If anything I'll have May be my Vice President, because Hailey isn't a senior and having Aubrey would practically contradict my whole plan" Nova said, as she fixed her posture and readjusted her pants button. "I'm gaining weight so fast" she said, "and I don't even know why. I'm still super active and eat the same." I thought as I looked at her.

Then I realized that Nova gaining weight might be a symptom of the pills that I was giving her, seeing that she recently just started gaining weight.

"You look fine" I assured my girlfriend, which wasn't a lie. "So what if you gain weight? It's probably just happy weight! Plus, you probably still wear the same sizes. When you go home today, try on your prom dress again." Nova nodded.

"Okay" she said, "but in the meantime, could you walk me to the office? I wanna take up that President spot as soon as possible." I opened my door then made my way to Nova's side of the car and opened her door. I reached my hand out for Nova and helped her out of the car like a gentleman.

"Cute" Nova said as I smiled, "just trying to do all I can to be a better boyfriend" I said. Nova linked arms with me, "you're already the best boyfriend" she replied, which I wasn't sure if I wanted to believe that, but I didn't question it. I hoped she really felt that way.

***

Aubrey

"So, I heard you're the new class President" I said as Nova came inside my room, "good job, you one-upped me." Nova looked at me, "can't tell if that's sarcasm" she began, "but thanks anyways. Now if you excuse me, I need to try on my prom dress." I looked at her with confusion, "don't tell me you bought your prom dress without trying it on" I said, "girllllll."

"I tried it on" Nova said, "but I'm starting to have a dilemma." I cocked an eyebrow, "which is?" I asked, honestly curious. "I'm gaining weight and I don't know what the source of it is" Nova replied.

I looked at her body, "eh" I said, "it's not like, bad weight. You still look fine." Nova didn't seem too thrilled at my response, "I don't wanna look 'fine' Aubrey, I liked my slim frame." I sighed, "Nova you're still fairly slim" I said, "do you wanna be skin and bones or something?"

"That's not the point" Nova replied, probably due to not having an answer for me. "I don't know why I'm gaining weight Aubrey." I nodded, "okay, this is easier than you think Nova" I began, "back-track. Figure out when you realized you were gaining weight, and then see what small changes you may have made to your life that could've contributed."

"I first noticed a weight gain about a week and a half ago or so" Nova said, folding her arms and looking at the ground. "I still eat like, the same exact shit every day. The only difference is I've added Nick's little koolaid drink to my diet." Nova and I's heads both snapped up at one another after Nova finished that sentence. "I think you've found your culprit" I said,"either that drink has hundreds of calories, or Nick is putting something very specific in it."

Nova sighed, "even if that drink had a decent amount of calories, I have a fast metabolism. So he must be putting something that's slowing my metabolism down, inside. I don't know what or why though." I thought for a moment, "a few reasons" I said, as I quickly drew some conclusions. "Either one, he thinks you're too skinny and is too scared to tell you it straight up, two, his insecurity has reached a new height and he wants you to get fatter in hopes that nobody else will want you, or three, I don't know. I only came up with two reasons really."

"He hasn't really complimented me much recently" Nova said as she pondered, "so maybe he does think I'm too skinny! Should I confront him about it?" I shrugged, "do you think it's worth confronting him about?" I asked, "that's kinda your discretion."

"Uh yes Aubrey I'm gonna turn into a fucking potato soon!" Nova said, causing me to smile, "you really do look fine" I assured Nova, "but hell, go for it. Just make sure I'm not there though, because I may just say something I shouldn't if his reasoning is stupid."

"I'll just wait for second period with him and Jason" Nova responded. "That way, Jason can tell you all about it later." I nodded, "smart plan."