35 | "Get Out Of My Car"

Aubrey

In normal circumstances I'd probably be pissed off at Nova's reaction to what I told her, but I wasn't. Instead, I thought about it day in and day out, and wondered why she reacted that way. It was like she was jealous or something, but why would she be? Why would she wanna be a teen mom, especially in the "brother husbands" position that she's in with Nick and Lewis?

I had thought Lewis was gonna go away when he found out about Nova and Nick, but he didn't. He's such a quiet demeanor kind of guy and doesn't usually a involve himself in drama, so I assumed he would step back and ask that everybody leaves him out of whatever this shit was, but he didn't. Instead, he continued to be Nova's friend, and constantly did all these incredibly nice gestures for her, from what I've seen.

I've also been hearing about Nova's stupid little friend who I believe is a junior, named Hailey. I've seen her around Nova before, and there's been some speculation that she and Nova are hooking up, only because people believe that she looks like me with blonde hair. I too kind of think she looks like a wanna-be me, and it'll only be a matter of time before she dyes her hair brown "to see what it looks like" or something. I haven't been able to process the hooking up part, but if I find that out to be true, then Hailey will be having a long year.

I sat in first period, thinking a million thoughts and wondering off into imagination waiting for class to begin, when Nova walked in. I didn't even realize she wasn't here, despite the fact that I was literally just thinking about her. Nonetheless, I did my best to not look at her or in her direction.

She sat next to me, which was different because she had been swapping seats with Nick lately, I guess it was a characteristic for her newfound "best behavior,"—unless she had otherwise been discreetly upset about the pregnancy thing. I didn't want her to be of course, but that would mean she likes me, right?

"I'm sorry about how I talked to you the other day" Nova voiced, as I could see her looking at me from the corner of my eyes. I looked at her for a moment, then awkwardly looked away, but she wasn't breaking any eye contact despite my odd demeanor. It was almost as if she was trying to assert dominance, or give me the illusion that she wasn't nervous because she wasn't even into me.

"It's cool" I stated in reply, trying to give off the same energy, though I was barely able to. "Not like your opinion ever even mattered anyways."

Nova looked at me then raised an eyebrow, "oh?"

"Oops" I continued, "did I say that?"

Nova snickered, "okay Aubrey. Real funny for somebody who's secret is on the line" she replied, "you wouldn't want that to get out, would you?"

"You wouldn't tell anybody that" I answered with sheer confidence, but Nova cracked a witty smile.

"Try me" she insisted in that same sarcastic tone she used when I told her that I might've been pregnant.

"I can deny it" I insisted, and Nova nodded, "you could" she began, "but not if I'm recording our conversation right now you can't."

I tilted a little bit towards Nova to see if I could see her phone. She was gripping on to it as it hung by her side, the side away from me, but I wouldn't be able to confirm whether or not she was recording. What I could tell you however, was that she definitely didn't typically hold her phone like that. In a quick, smooth motion, I practically threw myself on Nova in attempts to grab her phone.

"Get away from me!" Nova insisted, leaning towards where Nick would normally be. He hadn't come in yet, which would probably explain why Nova and I were even able to have an engaging on-going conversation in class for once.