Arc 4 Chapter 42: Undying Love

The Villain: "You called me Host... your a new system. What happened to the last one?"

The little system suddenly grew fiery. "How insulting! What do you mean by the last system!? That would imply that the last "thing" was a real system! That lifeless computer couldn't be considered a system no more then a mannequin could be considered human! Systems are living AI capable of thoughts and emotions how dare you make such a comparison!"

"...."  

It seemed like the Villain had stepped on a landmine. She was slightly stunned by the talkative little thing, it really did seem quite different from the last "system."

However it's not like her attitude towards it would change simply because it was a little different, a system was still a system, like this her face once again grew cold.

System: "I am proud to be called a fully functioning system, It would be insulting for the bar to be set so low-"

The Villain: "Then tell me, if the other thing wasn't a system what was it?"

The System suddenly grew very silent. "...."

The Villain looked up suspiciously. "No answer? So a "real system" who's supposed to be far superior can't even tell me that much?"

System: "Listen here human! I was trapped asleep within that "system" as you called it. I lacked the power to come to life, it wasn't until a few moments ago that I fully gained enough power to awaken and break free from that god awful robotic machine! So forgive me if I'm a little behind."

'What?'

The Villain took in the information she received. If that was true then it meant all this time she had been dealing with... a fake system?

The Villain: "What do you mean you were asleep?"

The System wasn't sure how to explain this, it had somehow been inactivated for what felt like a long time.

It was only in the last three worlds the woman had been in it that it had periodically been able to wake up and observe her, and only just a little bit ago was it able to completely take control and wake up.  (AN: The system woke up at the end of the first world after a certain green gem slightly cracked and weakened (*^▽^)/, and it has periodically been awake/aware for the last three worlds but unable to fully gain control.)

However why had it even been asleep to begin with?

Why had it woken up now?

And just who had woken it up...?

These were all questions floating inside the systems mind.

Had it been due to a god... had it been one of "the three?"

After all weren't they the only gods capable of shutting down Systems?

The System wished it knew what was going on in the realm of the gods, unfortunately it couldn't connect with any other systems, the circuit was down, it couldn't send data it could only receive it...

Just what was going on?!

The system's memory seemed to be wiped, it hadn't a clue.

It had only received one new order, "Protect the Host."

And the original order of world travel installed into the fake "system" that it couldn't seem to break away from. 

The system tried to answer it's new hosts question. "I was in a state of being powered down, it was only a few worlds ago that I began to wake up and gain self awareness again."