Arc 3 Chapter 27: Royal Knight

Again the Villain arrived in an all too familiar dark space.

"Host has failed two worlds after the initial warning. If third world is failed, Soul torture will be enacted." (AN: Remember after first arc, the system gave her a warning, if she failed three more worlds soul torture would be enacted)

A monotone voice sounded out in the Villains head.

Silently the Villains dark eyes swirled as she pulled out the death orb.

"Maybe it's time I call it quits." 

The Villain thought about why she was continuing her role, originally it had been for revenge against the great  deity Jupiter who had imprisoned her in the horrible contract, she should have still been filled with a fiery hatred, but truthfully she no longer felt angry, instead she simply felt tired. 

"Maybe it's time to swallow it, I'm already tired of getting revenge on the worlds..."

Thinking such, the Villain brought the orb to her mouth.

Right as she was about to swallow it though she remembered Jun's cooking, she never did get to have a final meal. Instead she had avoided it in order to lessen the burden on her departure from Jun.

Jun.

Jun...

She remembered the look of devastation on his face as she left, she didn't like it. She had pretended not to see it, but it stuck in her head. 

It was the last thing she saw, it was a face filled with despair and loss of hope, one completely devoid of happiness. It was a face even she was not capable of making. Somewhere deep inside, that image was burned into the Villain's mind.

Jun.

Silently she put the death orb back.

"Ha, why does he fall in love with me in every world..." 

Yes, she was aware of his feelings, his feelings for her that continued in each world built up to the point where she unconsciously felt slightly guilty for running away. 

In the first world she wasn't sure but she thought he may have been starting to fall in love with her...

In the second world he openly admitted it, even though he retained no memories he still fell in love with her presumably for the second time. 

She tried to refuse his love but even in her dying moments he still admitted to loving her...

In the third world he had once again fallen in love and she had even been swayed by the man to the point where she willingly married him...

Yes, she was aware of his feelings. 

Although she didn't want to acknowledge it, all the signs were evident.

She had lived for hundreds of worlds, she had seen love blossom between the ML and FL countless times. Although she had never experienced it herself, she had seen it happen many times. 

With Jun she had tried to play dumb expecting the man to fall in love with someone else but each time he took the hard route and pursued her.

The Villain didn't like it. 

She didn't like it at all.

It was beginning to affect her actions and mess with her head.

Yes, she hadn't wanted to admit it, but that man's gentle actions had begun to take a toll on her, she hadn't been able to refuse him, she had actually been slightly swayed. She had tried to ignore her thoughts but her actions began to become affected.

She had always been cursed and hated at the end of each world. Even those who were supposed to be her allies would normally betray her or curse her after her death. The rare few who died for her would normally curse themselves for their stupid actions upon dying.

So to have someone continually love her was something she was unaccustomed to. Someone who followed her, who cried seeing her death and who didn't just disappear after one world.

Yes, it was all messing with her head.

She didn't like it, she didn't want to become weak and reliant on others, she couldn't afford it.

She wasn't some pure maiden, or damsel in distress, she was the Villain.

Still, thinking about all these things the Villain calmed her thoughts, this time she wouldn't make the same mistakes. 

This time things would be different. 

Yes and then after, everything would come to an end.

The Villain sighed, she had nothing to be worried about.

"System. Take me to a C level world next."

"Yes host. Initializing next world"

3

2

1