Arc 4 Chapter 16: Undying Love

"Ha..." The moment Jun had such a thought, he felt foolish. He knew such a thing would never happen.

His eyes instantly looked down, wide and dark. Yes, these were his true feelings, one's that he had tried hard to bury deep in the pit of his heart for the past few years.

Even though he hated the woman, an equally strong feeling of love had long ago begun to develop.

No matter how much she abused him, how much she hated him, how much she mistreated him, he found himself desperately wanting to be acknowledged by the woman, for the woman to care for him...

He was called weak his entire life, a waste, useless, unneeded.

Two and half years ago he thought he would have wasted away while no one cared, however when he met his Sensei everything changed. Although she was cruel and taunted him, she never once disregarded his existence.

Her eyes, although they gazed at him with hate they were somehow different...

It was as if she didn't hate his entire being, as if he wasn't surrounded by darkness, as if she didn't hate his entire being like everyone else.

Ever since he had met the woman, he had garnered a will to fight, a will to survive.

She filled him with a sense of life.

Her hatred towards him was enough to stir his soul to live.

Although he still hated the woman, he desperately wanted to surpass her expectations. He refused to be used and simply tossed away by the woman, he wouldn't let her. Instead he wanted to one day overpower her and prove that he wasn't simply a "mutt." 

All his strange emotions seemed to begin two and a half years ago, the first and only time he gazed at his Sensei's sleeping form.

In that moment a strong desire overtook him, he had felt the urge of want, an unobtainable want, and a deep urge to protect.

It was quite laughable really, although he was so weak at the time and the woman tormented him, he still couldn't stop the urge that bubbled up that day. (AN: This is referring to chapter 7)

His strange feelings, it was almost similar to love at first sight, something as simple as that.... however no matter how hard he tried to discard such "simple" feelings he could never be rid of them.

Even though he tried to fill his mind with hate, the feelings for the woman could not be fully repressed.

He knew he was strange for liking someone who despised him, yet he couldn't stop the feelings that had already spread too deep...

It was like a sickness, it continued to spread deeper and deeper with no clear end, no matter how much he hated the woman he couldn't stop the lingering feelings.

However even though he felt such strong things he was certain that it had to be an illusion, no matter what, the woman would never come to love him, so in turn he simply had to never give in to his unobtainable feelings.

One day he would win against the woman and make her pay, but he would never succumb to his emotions! The world was cruel and he knew it, if he couldn't be loved then he wouldn't love back.

Yes, his feelings were simply an illusion... nothing more.

They were the same as him dreams...

'Ah!' 

As Jun stood on the back of the sword looking towards his Sensei's back, he suddenly remembered something important!

The scent he had recognized before, the faint fragrance of florals mixed with spice that he only noticed in his dreams, was it still there?