Arc 4 Chapter 28: Undying Love

Although the Villain grew tempted to give in she suddenly snapped out of her daze. "I have to do something!"

If she let it go on any further then it really would be too late!

As Jun closed his eyes and concentrated on the technique to bind their souls he suddenly felt a wave of severe pain. 

A familiar shock ran through his body as he grew weak, although he didn't dare let go of the woman in his arms, his hold considerably weakened. "What are you-"

S's hand was on Jun's shoulder. "I won't let you ruin my plans."

It was a familiar technique the Villain had used many times on Jun, it was the painful technique of widening meridians.

Although Jun had become somewhat tolerant to the sensation, it was still extremely painful.

"I won't let you go!" Jun painfully choked out as he continued to wrap his hands around her.

S looked up cruelly. "You think I'll give you a choice?"

In Jun's weakened state the Villain used all her strength to push away.

In an instant they were parted! The technique couldn't be completed.

Finally she could escape!

However after having her soul almost bound the Villain felt incredibly weak. 

Since the technique had been unsuccessful her soul was left feeling pained and vulnerable. 

Soul pain was a different kind of pain, it was a rare type of pain that could affect her. It was the same type of pain she would be subjected to from the system when she failed multiple worlds in a row.

Now her soul was left feeling slightly torn and deeply pained.

She weakly staggered back a few steps as Jun reached out.

"Stop!" S stumbled back.

"I won't let you go!" Jun's voice was deep and chilling. 

Even though Jun had also been deeply weakened from the failed soul binding technique he persisted.

He looked up at the Villain with terribly dejected eyes on the verge of breaking.

It was truly as if his whole world was shattering.

He couldn't let the woman before him leave!

'Don't look at me like that... not again...' The Villains heart tightened as she suddenly stopped staggering back.

"Don't die...Y-you can't, you can't leave me..." Jun's eyes grew misty as he outreached his hand.

The Villain grew hesitant seeing Jun's painful gaze, a question echoed in her head. 

'What if I didn't choose to die?'

'No.'

She already knew that that wasn't an option, the world would either target her or Jun if neither of them died, for some reason they both appeared to be a target. Since her system wouldn't let her live in the world anyway, it was better to just let herself die instead.

Still what if she didn't die altogether?

What if she didn't take the death orb?

What if she lived with Jun?

"Ha." The Villain laughed at her foolish thoughts buried deep in the depths of her ice cold heart.

What kind of idiotic fantasy did she have?!?