Arc 2 Chapter 13: The CEO Is My Lover

As 7:00pm approached, Jun diligently chauffeured Sage to her location, silently he lamented the fact that she had chosen to eat at starlight restaurant. It was one of the most prestigious restaurants, which meant that she was still in love with the unknown man.

'One way or another, I'll make him disappear!' Jun evilly chuckled, his eyes growing darker as he cracked his knuckles.

Sage decided to ignore Jun's strange behavior, she got out of the car and emotionlessly waved goodbye walking into the restaurant. It was a prestigious restaurant, so walking in she had to take an elevator to the top floor.

After confirming her reservation she sat down at her table where Rey was diligently waiting.

"Shall we get down to business?" A monotone man asked.

"We shall." An equally stoic voice answered.

A few tables away Jun irritably watched the two converse. 

As though he were a dutiful wife catching his spouse in the act of cheating.

He sat at a distance contemplating ways to stop the two's meal and interactions.

After Sage had told him the location, he had quickly called booking a table at the speed of light. 

Upon seeing the man he immediately recognized him as Sinergy-Techs CEO, Rey. This fact alone upset Jun as he wondered how he would be able to get "rid" of such a powerful man.

Watching the two converse Jun only grew further angered, they seemed to be very similar. Unknowingly, he let out a dark murderous aura as it frightened all the customers in the surrounding area.

Although Sage wasn't eating anything, somehow she seemed to sense a strong vinegar taste in the air. (AN: Vinegar is often used to symbolize jealousy. i.e. She's unknowingly sensing Jun's jealousy XD) 

'Stupid Jun, if you're going to come and spy, at least hide better.' Tiredly Sage glanced out of the corner of her eye easily spotting Jun. She still couldn't understand why he wanted to watch her meeting between Rey.

Sage silently mulled over her thoughts. 'Perhaps he wants to betray me by going over to Sinergy-Tech? But he didn't know I was meeting with Rey right? So what could his aim be....'

"So will you consider my offer of rejoining Sinergy-tech?" A monotone voice asked, breaking Sage out of her thoughts.

Sage elegantly sipped at the tea she ordered. "You think too highly of me, I am not worth the trouble, besides I've already gotten another job."

Rey's face remained impassive. "You're wrong, you really are the best, I...I want you to come back to the company, I will double- no triple whatever you make now."

Sage slyly smiled at his words. "Ha, I don't think you can afford me... Besides, after awhile I'm sure you will find someone better." Sage knew the man across from her hated losing, so she would make him suffer as she denied his request.

"...No, it has to be you."

Sage pretended to innocently muse. "And why is that?"

"..." 

Rey tried to think of the answer but couldn't, he knew he wanted Sage back but couldn't explain why. 

Rey truly was slow in matters concerning his heart. 

All his life he had only sought after money leading him to build a company, he truly had no love in his heart for other humans.

Sage turned coldly to the man. "That's what I thought. It really won't work out. If you are too slow to go after something you want, then you will never reach your desires."