Arc 4 Chapter 37: Undying Love

The Villain closed her eyes in defeat.

It only took a second before the sound of metal ripping into flesh could be heard.

However she felt no pain, instead she felt her entire body become wrapped in a warm embrace.

It was comforting as it surrounded her.

The Villain was caught off guard, before she could open her eyes and utter a single word of resistance her lips were also captured by a tender sweet softness.

The sensation was unlike anything the Villain was used to, the touch was gentle and sincere as though conveying the message of longing, deep longing, unobtainable longing...

It felt lonesome.

It felt almost like a goodbye...

The Villain opened her eyes in shock and looked up.

As she did this she was simply met with familiar dark eyes, only now they also seemed to shine with a warm happiness mixed with deep sadness...

Then the Villain tasted it, the kiss that had just been so sweet and tender a second ago now tasted bitter and metallic, full of iron.

Immediately she pulled away filled with confusion.

A hand landed on her cheek as soft fingers gently caressed her skin, once again reminiscent of a parting.

Like this the Villain heard a weak whisper towards her ear.

"I'm glad... you're safe. I'm sorry I can't... keep my promise to stay with you forever."

"What...?" The Villain grew rigid, her normally cruel and stiff face slightly contorted into something of disbelief.

It was only then that she felt the feeling of sticky liquid brush against her fingertips from the man's broad back.

"I wish... I wish I had more time with you, to properly love you... I-I wish... you could have grown to love me..." Jun whispered ever so softly as his voice began to fade.

He was growing weaker.

The Villain was still terribly confused as Jun's large body slightly leaned on her and threatened to collapse at any second.

What's going on?

This isn't right...

The Villain's dazed eyes glanced behind Jun towards Liu Wei and Li Mei.

Liu Wei had been stabbed by her sharp longsword and suddenly choked out a handful of blood but he wasn't the only one, the FL also seemed to be suffering.

She was on the ground also coughing up blood, she seemed to be dying...

The Villain was confused until she realized why Li Mei was also suffering.

It seemed they were soul bound... they would die together.

Everything was a mess. 

The Villain seemed to be the only one left untouched...

It wasn't right.

Suddenly Liu Wei staggered a few feet behind as his furious gaze looked up towards her, he seemed to be seething with rage.

Liu Wei: "You..."

In the blink of an eye Liu Wei leapt forward! 

It only took a second before he yanked the dagger out of the man's back, blood seemed to flow out endlessly.