Arc 4 Chapter 33: Undying Love

As their journey continued the night became prevalent. 

Jun had been silent the entire time looking forward while he flew as though lost in deep thought, the Villain was quiet too as she wondered what he was thinking.

While she remained in Jun's arms she could feel her body functions slowly return to her as the effects of freezing heart disappeared, now she could move. 

However even with this knowledge she knew she still couldn't do anything.

She was currently weak, her Qi almost depleted and meridians strained, how would she be able to run from a stage six cultivator?

Like this she remained silent in Jun's arms as her eyes slightly closed from weariness. 

Although Jun had no intention of stopping, remembering the woman's body was now like that of every other human, she would of course need sleep. 

With that in mind he hesitantly steered the longsword away from the forest trees and towards a nearby town. 

Knowing that S had regained movement he finally let her down and out of his arms before pulling out two hoods ushering her to wear one.

He would let her sleep in an inn for the night, then in the morning they would continue on.

Like this he walked into a nearby Inn with the Villain.

It was late at night but a firelit lamp shone in order to welcome travelers into the small establishment.

An older women looked up from a wooden desk, she smiled at the two cloaked late comers. "Do you two need two rooms?"

Jun tossed a bag of coins onto the desk as his voice reigned low and deep. "Only one is needed."

"~Oh." The older woman looked towards S as she gave a shy knowing smile.

The Villain's face turned deadpan, she thought about distilling the older woman's beliefs but decided to just let it be.

Like this the older lady quietly lead the two down an isolated hall towards a lone single room, leaving only a key in Jun's care before leaving.

Jun took the key in one hand and the Villain's arm in another, he was particularly clingy as he refused to give even an inch between her.

Quickly he unlocked the door walking in as he continued to strongly hold onto her without letting go.

The room was rather small and narrow with a window and wooden bed in one corner, and a wooden desk and chair in the other.

Only after they both walked in and Jun closed and locked the door did he dare let go of S.

As soon as he did the Villain pulled away from the silent Jun as she went ahead to rest on the bed, Jun in turn sat on the floor underneath the window wide awake.

Now that he was a sixth stage cultivator he had no need for sleep, instead he would remain awake to insure the woman didn't escape during the night.

Everything was quiet with only the faint sound of crickets chirping in distance, like this the Villain intended to make the best of her time and fall asleep. 

However just as she intended to turn her back to the younger man and rest, words finally filled the silent midnight air.

Jun: "Sensei... do you don't truly hate me?"

This was the first full sentence Jun had ushered to her since their encounter with Huizhen.

"I do."