Arc 3 Chapter 18: Royal Knight

As the three days went by, Jun continually prepared meals for Sylvia, each night he kept to his promise.

Even as the palace maids and guards gave him strange looks he paid them no mind. As long as no one spoiled his princess's mood he would have no qualms. 

Sylvia on the other hand began setting her plan into motion.

On the third night she knew Jun was going to be expecting an answer, but she simply refused to answer it.

Instead she went out seeking the FL.

She had slipped her a note in secret to guarantee no one followed. Although Jun was sticky and watched her like a hawk, as the Villain, she had her ways.

Tiredly she rubbed her brows from all the trouble she went through for tonight. After sighing she looked up to see the princess arriving.

"Hello, I am Princess Sylvia." Sylvia coldly introduced herself as the princess arrived for the secret meeting.

"Y-yes... I have heard lots about you." Princess Mirabelle timidly answered.

"Good, then let's get down to business shall we."

"Y-yes?"

"I have called you here today to request a marriage meeting between you and King Jun." Sylvia got straight to the point.

"W-What!"

"I want you to marry the King." Her voice was cold and fully serious.

"..."

Princess Mirabelle was confused at the sudden prospect and had nothing to say.

Sylvia continued. "Your land is torn by poverty, as the princess, is it not your duty to try and improve that poverty by marrying a King?"

"B-but I am already engaged..."

"Yes. To a simple Prince who will now never become King. How can you marry him when you have your country to think about? Don't you want to become Queen?" Sylvia enticed the princess.

"..."

She continued to persuade. "You can't seriously be thinking about marrying that weak prince, what about your country? Don't you want more... Power...?" As the Villain, she knew exactly where to strike.

"I...I..."

"Didn't the prince promise you the crown..."

"H-how do you know about tha-" Princess Mirabelle was deeply surprised and flustered as she continued to fall into the villains pace.

Sylvia interrupted. "Even though you fulfilled your end, he didn't make do on his." She was referring to their contract.

"Tha-that wasn't his fault!"

"Precisely, therefore it isn't your fault if you go off and instead marry the king. You only want to fulfill your duty."

"..."

"You must help your country, you must marry a King."

"..."

"Right?"

Princess Mirabelle remained silent for a long time before finally coming to a decision. 

"...Right..."

【Story Progression: -65% 】

'How easy.' The villain gave a slight evil smirk.

She hadn't expected the girl to fall so easily for her ploy.

It almost made her feel bad for the poor prince, he had been together with princess Mirabelle for six years now, yet she had so quickly turned against him. 

True, it could be said that the villain initiated it all, but if Princess Mirabelle really loved the prince then why was she so easily swayed?

Why didn't she even try to propose another solution?

Instead she just eagerly agreed to jump into the arms of another man.

It could be argued that it was for her country. Yet, even so, why did Princess Mirabelle never try to find another solution for her country herself...?

If the villain had been in her situation she would have tried to strengthen the country from within.

The country of Ofstan wasn't poor because of its resources, it was poor because no one ever tried to help it grow and develop.

If the royal family had spent more time investing in it's resources it would easily become a formidable county, yet Princess Mirabelle instead insisted on gaining wealth from another country and pumping it into her's. The princess was truly ignorant, or perhaps just greedy.

Still, it's not like it was the Villain's place to judge, she was the Villain after all, just because her acts against the FL could be justified didn't mean she was good, after all she was still a schemer at heart, she was prepared to get her hands dirty if necessary and had done so many times. She was the Villain.

In the same way, the FL was still the FL. Even if princess Mirabelle wasn't necessarily pure, her existence as the FL couldn't be denied.

After all the FL was an existence that was favored by the world, almost everyone would love and care for the FL. So of course over time Jun too would fall for her charms. (Or so the Villain believed...)

Even if Mirabelle had her downsides she still became a loyal lover in the original story and the world favored her. She was the most qualified in this world to be a King's wife, so Sylvia would push her onto Jun.