Arc 3 Chapter 26: Royal Knight

"N-no tha-that can't be...haha..." Jun's eyes started turning dark as he began to break.

Sylvia wanted to say something but before she could utter a single word, she once again puked up a mixture of blood and poison. 

Jun tried to wipe her mouth but his hands only ended up bloody as his mind began to twist.

"This can't be...this can't... this can't be... " Jun began to whisper as a threatening pressure was suddenly released.

Everything began to turn dark. 

He grabbed his head in pain.

"AHHHHHH!!!" 

Instantly Jun's power become chaotic!

Suddenly the surrounding area turned pitch black.

The air grew suffocating and twisted.

Jun was beginning to lose control of his power as it began releasing to dangerous levels. A thick dark fog covered everything.

Everything turned pitch black.

Everyone at the celebration grew panicked but Sylvia only heard one voice.

"SYLVIA! SYLVIA!" 

Jun grew terrified, his voice was choked, on the edge of breaking.

Although he could feel Sylvia in his arms, he couldn't see anything, everything was black.

Jun hated the dark, he felt like he was alone. It was as though he was about to be swallowed on the verge of despair.

"SYLVIA!" He called out again, everything was dark, he couldn't even see the face of the one person in the world he cared about.

He was losing his mind. Everything was wrong.

He couldn't control his power, it continued to stream out imprisoning him.

He saw nothing but black, it felt as though he had been swallowed by the darkness.

His soul was was breaking, falling apart.

Suddenly through the darkness, he saw a spark.

"Jun..." A light voice weakly called out.

He suddenly felt the pressure of a hand reach out to his cheek.

"Syl...via...?" Jun started to recover from his blank mind, his eyes were filled with a mix of despair and hope.

"Jun."

Suddenly the area lit up as sparks of lightning were suddenly released. A few sparks touched Jun but he welcomed the light pain.

"Ah..." It was no longer dark, Jun could clearly see Sylvia in his arms.

He was no longer alone, he was no longer covered in darkness.

Even if the darkness surrounding him, Sylvia was by his side.

"You're still like a child... Don't be scared... it will be ok..." Sylvia weakly spoke out, she wasn't good at comforting others but she tried.

She couldn't see anything, her vision was terribly blurred. The poison was fast acting and it had already affecting her vision.

She had only sensed Jun release his overwhelming power and felt the darkness creep out. She thought to make use of her lightning powers.

She wasn't sure if it worked, but feeling Jun slightly calm down she felt like she had released enough sparks.

She could feel her hands begin to turn numb and cold, her vital organs would soon shut down.

Jun saw how weak Sylvia was becoming, his chest tightened and every part of him felt pained.

"WE-were supposed to be together FOREVER...YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME!!!"

Sylvia could hear Jun's despair, she tried to change the subject. "I made you king... so enjoy your life... Live a good life... protect b-both our nations..." 

"...Wha... bu-but-"

"Protect both our nations..." Sylvia insisted, she thought that by making him focus on something else it would help him to easily forget about her and move on.

Jun held Sylvia even tighter, as though reading her thoughts and showing he had no intention of letting go.

".....OK I WILL, BUT-but only if you stay and LIVE by my SIDE! I CAN'T GO ON IF YOU DON'T STAY BY MY SIDE! ...I can't go on... without you..." Jun broke as he whispered.

'Ah it's raining...' Syvia's mind began to wonder as she felt raindrops, she couldn't see now, so all she could feel was the rain.

"I'M SORRY! I...I should've kept cooking you food, even... even though you told me not to...NO WHEN-WHen we first met you-YOU told me to cook you food as your knight in order to prevent you from being poisoned...I...I should have listened to you! Instead, I failed your test and stopped cooking for you...N-NOW YOU'RE LEAVING ME BECAUSE I WENT BACK ON MY PROMISE!" The more Jun spoke the crazier his words sounded. (AN: Back on chapter 9 of this arc ;-;)

Now Sylvia's hearing was disappearing, she could barely hear Jun as she instead felt the warm drops of rain.

"PLEASE-please don't leave me! I'LL NEVER STOP COOKING FOR YOU! PLEASE-just please don't leave me! Don't leave me... DON'T LEAVE ME!"

'Such warm rain...'  Sylvia thought as she suddenly felt the urge to use the remainder of her strength to open her eyes for one last time.

Looking up she realized she was wrong.

Weakly she closed her eyes again as one last thought plagued in her mind.

'It wasn't rain, it was despair.'

Thinking this, the Villains body finally gave up as her soul drifted away from the world.

*Desert Note: Sorry my dear Readers, meant to post this yesterday but ended up busy, here it is.

Also, I just thought I'd add, if anyone thinks the scale is unbalanced between Jun and the Villain, I will say that for me, I think it is pretty even. 

The Villain definitely puts in a lot physically for Jun (i.e. she always saves him even though she doesn't have too, and she tries to give him a good life when all she asks for is food), while Jun put's in a lot more emotionally for the Villain (i.e. cooking and his affections). And if you think the Villain is cruel to Jun's feelings, just remember that she never tries to lead him on, rather she straight up denies him in order to save him from the pain for when she dies, the only problem is that Jun falls too deeply in love... 

That's not too say that Jun doesn't suffer, cause he definitely does! (And will) it's just that the Villain and Jun are even in terms of how they approach each other.