Arc 4 Chapter 27: Undying Love

"Sensei..."

The Villain grew stiff as soon as she saw Jun.

How long had he been there?

"You... you want to die!?" The young man's eyes grew terrifying, in an instant he flashed forward grabbing both of S's shoulders as she grew immobile.

It was as if his whole world was crumbling. The single person he cared about was planning to vanish before him.

'Ah he was listening!?' Due to the Villain's lacking Qi she hadn't noticed the younger man's presence.

"Then why did you save me?! Why have you been transferring your Qi to me all this time!?" Jun voice trembled as he held on even tighter. 

"I won't let you die!"

S stepped back. 'He knows.' 

Her suspicions were finally confirmed.

If he knew then it was time, It really was time... to part. 

Although it was slightly sooner then she had anticipated, it was time for her to say goodbye to Jun forever, after she left him she would never see him again.

She would say goodbye to the man she had been with for four lifetimes now...

Although she had lived for a long time, these past four lifetimes had felt long and peaceful.

It was a break from the numbing solitude she had been in.

It was nice.

She was actually beginning to slightly feel things she had long since believed to be dead from within.

However now it would end.

Her eyes almost twitched with a hint of pain but she quickly pushed it down. Now was not the time to feel such emotions, she was the Villain, so it was her role to act like one.

If the man found out the truth then she simply had to lie.

She had prepared for this outcome.

She was a practitioner of the dark arts, someone said to have there soul consumed by darkness, she would use this knowledge to her advantage. 

S quickly looked down before talking a light breath and lightly laughing. "Ah haha, it seems like you have found out... But from your little outburst I think you misjudged something. I don't know when you figured out I was giving you Qi all this time but it was never for your sake!" S looked down condescendingly.

"You think for a second I was transferring Qi because I cared about you? That I was trying to help a mutt like you!? No, let me tell you the truth."

"What?" Jun's already twisted gaze grew more bewildered.

"Did you know that it is said when a practitioner of the dark arts dies their body will never rot, the only way to be rid of such a body is by burning it in heavenly blue flames. Do you know why that is?"

Jun was silent as S continued. 

"Because it is said that they were already dead to begin with. Practitioners of the dark arts are said to have their souls consumed by darkness, the darkness is said to preserve their souless body as insanity takes over. This is also why dark art cultivators are said to be rejected by heaven, they can never ascend and reach enlightenment because there soul is said to be nothing but and empty shell. Since I have chosen the dark arts I can never fully advance in my cultivation. I can only rot on this earth for an eternity. I have lived for a long time, if I can't ascend then what other purpose should I have besides simply living? For a long time I killed but now I've grown bored and uninterested, I'm simply tired and wish to cease..."