Arc 2 Chapter 27: The CEO Is My Lover

Jun completely broke after Sage's death.

After her spirit left her body, Jun kept tightly hugging the corpse, frantically yelling for an ambulance.

He wouldn't let anyone near as he waited for a medical team to arrive.

"Don't worry Sage, everything will be okay, you will be fine! They will fix you, you will be fine!" Jun's eyes were wide and deeply scary. 

Finally when a medical team did arrive, with nervous eyes Jun reluctantly handed over the body.

Looking at the medical team, he kept asking them to "fix her."

Unfortunately, with just one look they could already tell she was long dead...

They looked at one another cautiously before looking back at the crazed man.

One of them boldly spoke up. "She's... gone."

Jun looked at them strangely as his eyes swirled in nervousness. "What do you mean gone!? She's right there. Fix. her."

The medical team gulped. "Sh-she's dead."

Jun's face darkened. "She's right there! She's dying! Why aren't you doing anything? Fix Her!" 

One of the medical members tried to calm down the situation. "I'm sorry sir, she-"

"Why aren't you fixing her!"

Jun turned extremely frantic and aggressive as he looked at the group.

"FIX HER NOW!" 

Before they could say anything else Jun tried to lunge back towards the body, as though he were protecting it.

Quickly the medical team rushed forward holding down the deeply frantic man before he could  lunge back to Sage and hold her in his embrace.

"YOU'RE LETTING HER DIE!"He struggled ferociously against those holding him back.

"SHE'S JUST ASLEEP, SHE NEEDS MEDICAL ATTENTION!"

Before he could freak out any longer they administered a sedative in the back of his arm.

"NO-nooo...you need... to fix... her..."

Finally, after what seemed like a long time his body dropped down, limp, finally they could properly take care of the situation.

Swiftly the two bodies were carried out.

One alive, the other completely still.

Later Jun woke up in a hospital, when he woke up he was again repeated the news.

Afterwards, upon his request, he was cautiously led back to the body, it was ever still...

This time he could no longer deny it.

He rushed over to the body and cried, he held the cold hand in his grasp, he wished to transfer his warmth to it, but nothing worked.

"Wake up..."

"You promised me you wouldn't leave me! Wake up!"

He already knew the truth, but he didn't want to accept it.

"You can't leave me..."

He stayed there for hours.

Finally the last spark of hope in Jun's eyes completely vanished as his whole world died with Sage.

He no longer had his light.

Afterwards, using the huge fortune Sage had left for him, he had an air tight diamond casket built for her. That way she would always be preserved.

After that day, Jun's eyes turned darker as he turned to alcohol.

Many nights he held a gun as he contemplated following after Sage but each time he remembered how she had saved him from such a fate and how she left the company in his care.

Remembering this he cried, cursing, wondering why he had to live on.

All he had wanted was to Stay by Sage's side. All he wanted was to live with her, to cook for her, to watch her warm up to him, to simply stay by her side as secretary for life, but now, now he was all alone...

After his drunken nights he would always go to sleep in Sage's old room, only then could he smell her faint scent and not be plagued by soul tormenting nightmares.

Even after her presence faded Jun continued to sleep in the room, trying to delude himself that her presence was still there.

As the years passed his dark eyes turned more and more chaotic. Every day he began to cook extravagant meals, only for them never to be eaten.

"Ah, today again I have not cooked a good enough meal!" Jun cursed as he angrily threw the food away.

After Sage's death he began to scour the world to find the best cooking techniques. He did this to further delude himself that if he made good food Sage would come back. In his crazy state he remembered there promise and believed that she left him because his food was not good enough.

After all, she had promised him that she would never leave him if he made good food...

Although it was crazy he continued to hold onto that promise.

For how could he not?

He had to hold onto the promise, he had to! If he didn't, if he couldn't bring her back... if he couldn't.... If he couldn't, if he couldn't, IF HE COULDN'T!

"AHHHH"

Jun threw another dish away, she still hadn't come back, she was still gone!

Yet, he had to keep believing.

Believing that if he made the food she liked, someday she would return.

He had to keep believing.

Otherwise, without her, how could he continue to live on?

Desert Note: The ending was originally one chapter but I decided to spit it. I really tried to make it a different amount of chapters then last arc but it just ended up that way :P