Arc 4 Chapter 30: Undying Love

The two spent a few days at the edge of the forest, S used this time to silently meditate in order to gather and calm her chaotic Qi. 

In this way she hoped that by the time she faced off against the Liu Wei and Li Mei that she would have enough energy to put on a good show.

Meanwhile Huizhen was busy collecting herbs deep in the forest to help S.

As S finished meditating she rose and stretched her tired limbs, her body had already become more mortal and with it was the added stress of human problems. 

The Villain looked at her slightly dirty robes and body. "Ah perhaps I should also bathe, after all I've simply been meditating for the past few days."

The Villain knew there was a waterfall close by so she began walking.

The Villain walked into the forest, she was progressively slower without her sword to glide on.

Walking deeper in she could hear the methodical sound of a waterfall beating down onto the surrounding earth.

With quick strides it didn't take long for her to get to the misty location, quickly she made her way to the edge of the water's clearing. 

"Ah I suppose I should secure the perimeter..." S closed her eyes and used her weak Qi to concentrate on the area.

"Hmmm nothing in sight, not even a wild beast..." With this she no longer paid attention as she began to remove her robes.

Once she was fully unclothed she lightly dipped her toes in. 

The water was slightly cold but quite refreshing, slowly she dipped her entire body in until she was fully submerged in the cool soothing water.

Now she could better relax and clear her mind in order to take on Liu Wei and Li Mei. 

"I suppose I should plan out my last few day-hmmm...?" 

Just as the Villain intended to relax and think she felt a sudden cold chill run up her spine.

The Villain concentrated her Qi again, but sensing nothing she turned to the system.

"System."

....

All was quiet.

"System?"

Still no response was heard. 

The Villain sighed, it was no use the system seemed to be glitching out even more recently. She had no idea why. 

"Still it's not like I'll be given answers if I think about it..." Like this the Villain decided not to waste her energy on endless rabbit holes that lead nowhere, instead she focused her attention back to the crystal blue water.

"The water is simply cold." The Villain paid no mind to the strange sensation she had experienced earlier instead simply swam a little deeper.

The waterfall beat down onto the water, it created a rhythmic tempo that allowed the Villain to dwell on her thoughts and not be interrupted by other sounds.

Like this she began to fully bask and bathe her body, fully immersing herself in the tranquil waters.

The water glided across her skin as her wet hair loosely draped around her body, it created a seductive scene with the water forming almost a mirage of a water fairy.

After some time of basking her hair became soaked and her body cleansed, now she was all clean as she intended to finish.

Slowly she began walking towards the shore to dry off , however suddenly she heard the sound of cracking tree branches.