Arc 3 Chapter 6: Royal Knight

After some time, Sylvia again checked the boys health, luckily for her this time his breathing did seem to improve as life started to return to his pale cheeks.

'I guess the elixir worked after all.' Sylvia sighed.

Before long, the carriage made it back to Canta at Sylvia's estate. At that time it was early morning and everyone was just starting to work. 

After the carriage entered the estate's gate everyone became stiff hoping that the Demon Princess wouldn't notice them, little did they know it would be the opposite... 

Once the carriage came to a stop, Sylvia got up, and still holding the bloody boy close she carefully walked out of the carriage. 

"Go fetch a doctor." Sylvia quickly spoke to the carriage driver, her cold quiet voice caught everyone's attention as they stared at her. 

Suddenly all their eyes almost bulged out.

"WHAT!

"Who is that!?"

"Who is she carrying???"

They all wanted to shout out but they kept their voices low as they whispered. 

How could the demon be carrying another person in her arms, a boy!? Moreover, she wasn't shocking him! 

Although the princess had long ago learned how to control her magic, the vast majority of people still believed that getting too close or touching her would cause one to be electrocuted.

Princess Sylvia ignored all the weird stares as she walked on, she didn't care what people thought, of course she would still try to stay in character but their opinions meant nothing to her. 

As she walked on into the manor the servants stares intensified, they felt as though they were still dreaming.

Some openly gawked at the strange scene while others even laughed it off as being sleep deprived.

Finally Sylvia reached her own room. When she walked in she placed the still badly wounded boy onto her large bed as she waited for the doctor to arrive.

Before long, a light knock was heard on the door.

"Come in."

"I-it's me, y-you called for a doctor."

"Yes, I want you to examine this child." Sylvia pointed to the still unconscious boy on her bed.

The doctor gave a huge sigh of relief knowing that he didn't have to treat Sylvia but he still felt deeply anxious with the Demon Princess in the same room.

"I will leave it up to you." Swiftly Sylvia left the room, she knew the doctor would not be able to work his best if she stayed there. After all, like everyone else, he was terrified of her presence. 

Apparently when the real Sylvia was young, because she had a lack of control on her powers, she was tested by the old family doctor. Unfortunately for him, her powers acted up and she ended up almost killing the poor old man. After that he quit and the present doctor was hired.

Sylvia sighed as she waited out in the empty large hall.

"Triple six"

"Yes Host"

"Who is the boy?" Sylvia's asked while she walked the empty halls.

"Reporting to Host. He is a minor character without name.

Age: eight

Height: 4'5"

Weight: 44 pounds or 19.9581 kilograms"

"What is his backstory?"

Reporting to host, he is a minor character so limited information is available. He is the son of a maid from Dandar Palace. His father is the current king of Dandar.

'What?' Sylvia's eyes slightly widened. 'The boy was a minor character, yet he was also a prince of Dandar... What sort of conspiracy was this?'

"Before he was born, he already exhibited extreme talent for magic in his mother's womb. The late King was pleased with this, and placed the Mother in his harem, gifting her a green jeweled ring that showed her connection to the royal family. Prince Valentine's late mother heard about the pregnancy and feared the unborn child's potential. She already knew her son had great talent, so she wanted him to succeed the throne. Thinking this, before the child could be born, she poisoned the young mother hoping to kill her and the unborn child. Her plan only worked half way through. After being poisoned, the maid used the remainder of her strength to flee from the toxic castle and make her way to a brothel, there she gave birth before dying. Unfortunately, the poison had been too potent, although the child was born, it was weak and incapable of using magic. The child's hair even turned from Dandar royalty pure black to a silver white from the effects of the poison. Pleased with the results of the poison, Prince Valentine's late mother left it at that, whether the child survived or not didn't matter, after all a child who couldn't use magic had no way to threaten her son's chances at the throne. He couldn't even claim to be heir to the throne without materializing an ounce of the royal families magic. Before leaving, she also bribed the present guards into lying about the child's survival. Reporting back to the King that both mother and child had died due to unknown poison. Unexpectedly, although the child was born very fragile, it defied all odds and grew up on the street, only having a green jeweled ring as a keepsake. However, after living eight years on the street, the boy was brutally beaten up and killed by three guards believing him to have stolen the royal ring. His only keepsake was brutally taken from him and afterwards sold on the black market by the guards looking to earn extra pocket cash. The boy died in a filthy dark alley, no one caring about his death."

"Hmmm, It seems like each time, he's closer and closer to death, if I hadn't happened upon him, he would have been dead even before triple six informed me of his location. Moreover, I suppose it wasn't a coincidence that in each world his fate is somehow stolen and given to the ML... It's almost as if he is meant to exist to live a tortured existence... Each life he lives, he suffers then dies, and repeat, usual dying due to that green jewel...hmmm...Well I guess the doctors probably done checking in on him." Promptly the Villain abandoned her thoughts and headed back into the room. 

*Desert Note: (The System, Part 2)

System: *Yawning "What's going on?"

【*Ding +15% spoiler achieved】

Desert: "Dammit, how long have you been awake?! Shoo, Go back to sleep!"

【*Ding +35% spoiler achieved】

Desert: "Ah, Dammit. Time to use force!" *Take's out fist.*

System: (×_×)

Desert: "Goodnight :}" 

***Ehem, Just to clarify, no systems were hurt in the making of this chapter!

System: "Speak for yourself!"

Desert: "Why are you still awake!" (ง •̀_•́)ง

【*Ding +40% spoiler achieved】