Arc 2 Chapter 2: The CEO Is My Lover

After working for about a week, the day finally came for Sage to quit.

 Expectedly because of her excellent skills, the ML Rey seemed to take notice. 

For the past few days because it had been busy he had piled piles of paperwork on her desk, not caring whether it would wear down Sage or not. 

Yet, contrary to his expectations she completed them all in only a matter of hours. 

Although Rey never said anything, Sage could tell he was quite impressed as his eyes seemed perplexed whenever he looked at her.

'Too bad today is the last day for you to use my skills.' Sage thought as her eyes held a hint of an evil smirk.

"Boss?" Sage emotionlessly called as she came up to Rey's desk.

"No need to be so formal, after all we grew up together." Rey's voice was stoic, his words unfitting for his tone.

"No, I think "boss" is necessary in this situation." Sage emotionlessly spoke drawing a clear line.

Rey: "Hmmm?"

"I relinquish my position, I shall be handing in my resignation by the end of today." 

With this declaration Sage turned her back to walk away.

"...May I ask why?" The straight laced man suddenly asked.

"Sorry, that is confidential." 

Rey: "...If it has to do with your wage, I can increase i-"

"I am tired."

Rey: "...?"

"I wish to pursue my own goals now instead of helping you achieve yours." Sage proclaimed as her emotionless cold eyes stared deep into Rey's.

"...!"

For the first time in his life he felt intimidated and by his secretary no less. 

As Sage left he became speechless as his emotionless exterior turned to confusion.

'Ah, I suppose I should have held back a little.' The Villain thought after walking out and hearing the system ding her for being OOC. 

Still just like the last world she would pay no mind to the systems OOC dings.

She was so tired of always filling the systems agenda and being the villain, but now she was finally able to get back at the worlds by corrupting their stories. 

Although it was only for a few worlds she was content, she felt like she was finally getting a hint of revenge for all the abuse and torture she suffered. 

If ruining the world's story could negatively affect the god Jupiter in some way, then she would readily destroy the plot.

Now all she needed was a good meal...

"*Ding Reporting to host. Individual of 【world follow contract】has been detected."

Hearing the automated computer voice, the Villains eyes unknowingly brightened. "Ah, just in time... Triple six. Where is my cook?"

The emotionless computer continued. "Reporting to Host. Individual of 【world follow contract】is currently in D city. In Crafty Lantern Bar."

'Ah that will take a few hours to drive to. I suppose I better leave quick.'

After Sage finished the rest of her work, she dropped off her resignation letter in Rey's office before leaving. 

Then getting into her car she quickly drove away.

All the while the ML watched as he thought it was a pity that his best employee quit, but something like that would not affect him. After all, he was the boss of a prestigious company, why should one employee matter? Even if she was his closest friend, he wouldn't pay much mind.

*Desert Note: I decided to release two chapters today you lucky Ducks!