Eternal Lovers: Chapter 17

The Villain: "Status report."

【Story Progress Update: -45%】

Song Shai started looking over the newest information on Ling Shun. 

After her letter to the general, Huā Měilì had been completely blocked from reaching him.

During this time the General also stopped any financial backing that was left behind for the Ling family.

The Ling family became increasingly poor, all the while Ling Shun believed he had been abandoned by Huā Měilì. 

Not realizing that she was being blocked from meeting him due to her father's recent discovery of their relationship, Ling Shun believed that Huā Měilì had never truly loved him. 

All of this lead Ling Shun to break.

He had always been a rich cocky brat who was able to play around, for once in his life he experienced poverty and felt abandoned by the only woman he ever fell in love with.

Realizing this Ling Shun decided to take drastic measures, he needed to gain power again so he thought about reaching out to his seemingly rich fiancé he had long ago forgotten about. 

Song Shai knew that he would be arriving any day now as she prepared for his visit.

In the meantime Lei Jun was summoned to the palace by the emperor, he knew not why but Song Shai had a faint idea. Although he hated the idea of going alone, Song Shai forced him to.

"I wonder if the food will be spicy or bitter tonight or... possibly both..." The Villains emotionless eyes slightly shuddered but she knew it was for the best.

When they first visited the palace Song Shai had deeply prepared Lei Jun, making him look wise beyond his years with all the incriminating evidence to accuse Ling An with. She had had two reasons for this.

One, so that he would be able to perfectly denounce Ling An and his lineage. 

Two, so that he would catch the emperor's attention. 

In doing this, she hoped that the emperor would see his good qualities and appoint Lei Jun to work under him in the palace. 

After all the spot for the emperor's right hand man had just opened up, and with Lei Jun's background, his father being the emperor's previous right hand man, his chances of stealing the spot or at least getting a significant position were higher compared to most.

Even if he simply made a good impression to the people in the palace it would surely be enough to set his future.

She simply wanted to leave Lei Jun with as much as she could.

Everything was going according to Song Shai's plan, now she didn't have to think about the boy in her absence. 

After all in these past five years she had made sure to equip him with everything he would need.

Song Shai made sure he could cook so that he would never starve. 

She had reinstated his family name and allowed him to have a favorable impression from the emperor. 

She often taught him many things in order to grow his knowledge and understanding of the world, so that he could handle any important position if he were to receive one in the future. 

From all the leftover money she had earned gambling, she had already bought a house that they would use after phase two was finished.

Lastly, she even picked out a suitable fiance for him.

Of course, she had not mentioned the last two things to Lei Jun, she decided she wouldn't until her plans were a little further along.

At that moment an unknown maid came knocking at her courtyard, seeing as Lei Jun had still not returned from his outing to the palace, Song Shai went to answer the door.

"Reporting to young Miss, Fiance Ling Shun has come to the gates and is requesting a visit with his fiance."

"All right, I shall be out in a minute."

*Desert Note: Hope you are enjoying the story so far, if so, the greatest way to show your appreciation is those votes and comments! Thanks for everyone who has already shown there appreciation ♥~('▽^人) I love reading comments, I may not reply but I read them all and enjoy reading them (๑・ω-)~♥"

Desert:"Now, what do you have to say to the readers Villain?"

The Villain: "Shoo."

Desert: "Ah! ((;゚Д゚) Sh-she was just kidding, isn't that right!?"

The Villain: "Do whatever you want, don't involve me, I'm hungry." *walks off

Desert: "..."