Arc 2 Chapter 14: The CEO Is My Lover

Jun's heartbeat sped up rapidly after the confession, his eyes unknowingly shined while looking at Sage. He had wanted to say those words since he met her, but his heart had held back.

"Hmmm...?" Sage tried to process Jun's words as she looked towards his tall figure.

Unfortunately for Jun, as the villain she was never seriously confessed to, the times she had been she was always tricked and later betrayed or tortured, over and over again...

So unlike any normal person, Sage couldn't take Jun's confession seriously as she wondered what ulterior motives he had.

No... Even if he was serious, Sage wouldn't be foolish enough to trust someone's superficial words of love, especially towards her, the Villain.

He may be serious now but given a few years it would fade.

Love faded and feelings changed. The only thing Sage could completely trust in was herself.

Yes, she would never trust others, her heart was already stone cold, there was no room for feelings of love.

Looking up at Jun, Sage calmly spoke. "I like you too..."

Her words caused Jun's heart to soar as it was filled to the brim of ecstasy, his eyes shone brilliantly yet, in the next second he was brought back down to the cold hard earth.

"You are a good employee and cook. But you should be careful in how you phrase things or others might get confused. Luckily for you, I will not misinterpret your words of gratitude, after all I have no room for love." Sage coldly spoke, hoping that Jun would get the hint. 

Whether he was serious or not, it did not matter to Sage. She didn't want to believe he was, but on the off chance that his feelings were true, she hoped that her words would completely crush his feelings.

Just to be sure she said one last cruel sentence.

"Even if someone did seriously confess to me I would never accept them, instead I would make sure to distance myself from them as far as possible, never to see them again, as I will never feel any feelings of love in my life."

Sage's vicious sentence seeped deep into Jun's mind, he stood blankly for a moment.

Unknown to the Villain, upon hearing her words, Jun's eyes filled with a strange type of fiery red darkness as he looked towards the ground.

"...Oh...I see...Haha... I'm sorry that my words... were misinterpreted...haha." Jun covered his slightly wet eyes with his big hands as he slowly let out an almost deranged laugh. But Sage ignored it all.

In the next second Sage's growling stomach quickly broke the awkward atmosphere.

"I'm hungry, let's eat something." She was cruel to the bitter end. 

"Yes, I'll... I'll go cook something..." Jun spoke with a closed eye smile swiftly turning away towards the kitchen. Only when he was out of Sage's sight did his eyes open to reveal a murky black.

"Ah..." He stood sullenly

Jun didn't want to be pushed out of Sage's life for loving her.

He wanted to stay by Sage's side forever. 

So he felt deeply conflicted as his heart was torn. 

He didn't know what to think as his gloomy eyes filled with hopelessness.

His mind recounted her words as he began to realize something. If what Sage said was true about not having room for love, that meant she would not pursue Rey for the time being...

Although his heart was deeply pained, he felt slightly better realizing this fact.

As he stayed standing, he thought everything over.

He didn't want to be pushed out of Sage's life, so he filled with bitter resolve.

For now Jun decided he would pacify his feelings. He would make himself Sages most valuable asset first and foremost. Slowly build her up, showing her how skilled he was in working and cooking so that she would subtly notice him. Then, when the day came he would again confess his love for Sage!

As long as she didn't go to see Rey again, he would keep a low profile beside his most treasured person.

Yes, only this way, could he stay by Sage without getting pushed away...

Still after Jun found his resolve he still felt a deep pang of pain and slight need for revenge...

After half an hour, a late dinner was served. It was all of Sage's favorite foods too.

As it was placed all on the dinner table, Sage's mouth watered while she still tried to maintain an indifferent facade. 

Jun also sat down as he gave a seemingly innocent smile but with dark eyes.

Sage ignored it as she started to eat the food, but upon taking the first bite of her favorite dish she found it to be really bitter...

Suspicion crept over the Villain as she continued to take a bite of every dish. 

Unfortunately for her, that night she did not get her fill of food. As everything was extremely bitter and spicy, two flavor's Sage hated.

"Tch, how did he find out in this world too..." Sage hungrily wondered in her bed that night.

*Desert Note: Sorry if this chapter felt anticlimactic, but just keep in mind this is only the 2nd world (the calm before the storm)  Mwhahaha ψ(`∇ ')ψ  

Also sorry for making the Villain so cruel (ー∀ー;) but she has experienced so many hardships. She has been betrayed so many times that her heart is truly a brick. For hundreds and hundreds of worlds she has been poisoned, beheaded, stabbed, shot, tortured and used to the point that even if she did start to develop feelings she would likely not admit it as that would leave her vulnerable. (almost like an extreme Tsundere? ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯) So I'm sorry to say but poor Jun is gonna suffer a lot more at the hands of the Villain, so be prepared...

The Villain: emotionlessly "I'm not a Tsundere, I'm the Villain, Humph."

Jun: Looks lovingly at the Villain "Don't be mad my Love, I'll make you any food you like!"

The Villain: sighs "....Ok."