Arc 4 Chapter 9: Undying Love

She had already broken her promise to a certain man, she was just fortunate he had yet to come find her.

Luckily for her he was also a powerful cultivator so he probably still sensed life in the youth, that was likely the only reason he had yet to show up and ruin her plans. 

The Villain breathed a light sigh as she continued to flash forward north, towards the sound of rushing water.

She would still go to their original meeting spot, then although she was late at least he couldn't complain too much.

Yes she would go towards the waterfall that existed on the northern side of the summit, once she got there she would also be sure to pick a variety of "special" herbs.

As she headed in that direction, it wasn't long before she heard the methodical sounds of rushing water powerfully beating down against the rough earth. 

Like this she knew she was close.

Coming up to the location, she saw a tranquil small pool of water surrounded by mist and herbs, it was connected to the waterfall but also left alone untouched, beautifully by itself.

The Villain was glad she had chosen this spot to meet, now she was certain it would indeed suit her needs. 

Not only for herbal purposes, but also for...

"Bath secured." She silently mused.

After all she wasn't fond of these types of worlds due to there limited availability of necessities, now she wouldn't have to be concerned about where to bathe. With this now she could move on to more serious matters.

As the Villain looked around the small body of cool clear water she pinpointed the s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ *Ehem, most important thing on her list, the herbs.

Just as she expected, around the water there was a variety of rare herbs from very poisonous ones, to ones that would help with rejuvenation and cultivation. 

She could even pinpoint a very special strong herb called "Freezing heart," when ingested it could cause any high level cultivators body and Qi to freeze almost instantaneously. 

Yes, there was an abundance of rare herbs, even so her real interest lie in a simple small common herb used for sleep, before picking any, she sat down and looked into the shadows.

"Come out."

A familiar man suddenly walked out of the tree's shade with a complicated gaze. 

It was Huizhen.

Although he had initially planned to confront the woman the moment she came, now he had no idea what he wanted to ask as he stood in utter confusion, a hundred questions raced in his mind while he blackly stood.

The Villain could understand why he looked like this, he must have sensed "it," like this she calmly looked up and spoke. "Ask away."

Huizhen was hesitant before quietly speaking. "...Why does it feel as though that youth suddenly has Qi...? I already secured the mountain to ensure that there was only two other people residing on it, no one should have come up without my knowledge. Yet why-why do I somehow sense the presence of not one, but now two separate people with Qi. I am sure I already sensed him to be a waste without any internal energy yet he-... and why is your own Qi suddenly slightly..." 

"Weaker?" S calmly smiled. "All your words seem to suggest you are asking questions you already know the answer to." 

Huizhen widened his eyes, so he wasn't imagining things!? There was two separate Qi's, that meant-that meant...

Before the man could think any further the woman interrupted his thoughts.

"As I already suggested before, I propose we make a deal that would benefit us both." S once again held up three fingers.

"Let me have the young man for three years, and three years only. During that time I won't kill him, nor will I harm any others. When the three years are up I will then willingly allow myself to be caught and killed by your hands, that way you don't have to worry about catching me and bringing me down."

Huizhen had known the evil S for a long time, so hearing her speak such things he was truly bewildered. He felt as though she wasn't lying, but he also couldn't trust her words either.

Huizhen: "How does that benefit you!? What scheme are you planning!?"

S lifted up her hands in defeat. "I have no tricks up my sleeve, nothing."

Seeing her actions and hearing her sincerity Huizhen grew stiff as his mind turned blank. "Then why would you..."

【Danger of going OOC!】 Suddenly the Villain heard a warning, in her head. 

Due to her words and actions, the man was starting to unconsciously be filled with doubts about her identity. 

Since the Villain had destroyed the world's plot for the last three worlds, she had failed to think about or even care about such warnings. But now things were different, if she planned to play her role and let the ML and FL stay together, she would need to at least somewhat adhere to such warnings.

Quickly the Villain decided to fabricate a reasoning that would work for her goal while still following the OOC guidelines.

"In the last few days I have had an awakening, I've come to realize I'm tired... After all these years, the bitter hatred I once felt has started to subside and turn numb. The darkness that once clouded my vision has finally started to fade. Now... now I simply wish change my ways and do one last good deed. That is all." The Villain vaguely spoke, she was too lazy to think up a better excuse, but as she looked at Huizhen's strange face, it seemed as though he believed her to some degree. 

After all he had partially failed to kill her all these years in hope that she still had a sliver of good left in her, so of course he would hang on to any hope he could get.

Still after hearing S's words he remained silent, lost in thought. Like this the Villain decided to give him another moment to process his thoughts before she knew he would ultimately decide to let her keep Jun for the three years.

While waiting, the Villain began picking the "special" herbs that rest at her feet, after all she would need them for when the night came. 

After collecting quite a few, Huizhen finally looked up with serious eyes, solemn as he spoke. "....three years. For three years I will leave you alone with the boy, then after that I'll come to make good on our deal and I will kill you."

As he spoke such words he analyzed S's face closely, he expected her to appear mischievous or upset, but instead of his expectations she appeared ever calm and serene as she simply replied for the second time. 

"That's fine."

Desert Note: Sorry for the late chapter, but I'll post one tomorrow too (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

After Huizhen left he couldn't help but wonder how the youth would fair under S, he wondered why his former Sensei had only changed now, did it have something to do with the boy? Was the boy somehow special...

"Ah..." His head began to hurt as his mind grew foggy, quickly he stopped such thoughts as he concentrated on flying his sword.

Instead he thought of the woman's words before he left, if her words were true, then in three years time he would kill his former master...