Arc 4 Chapter 38: Undying Love

"He-he's... he's not...he's not..." The Villain continually mumbled to herself as she looked at the dead body.

 She refused to acknowledge his heart stopped, that he was dead.

"Hey... you-you better wake up..." She slowly reached down to once again touch the man's hand, however as soon as she reached for it she quickly jerked her hand back.

The hand wasn't his, it couldn't be! 

After all Jun's hands had always been warm and tender to the touch, yet this hand was cold and stiff...

She couldn't accept it, she didn't want to.

Suddenly the Villain sensed it, the unknown green jewel Jun always seemed to have in each world grew faded, it was as if it had finally served it's purpose...

The Villain's eyes widened.

Although she didn't know what it was for she knew it was nothing good, it felt like the faded gem was signifying the man was truly dead.

That he was gone.

"You can't..."

"What should I do? What should I do?"

For the first time in many worlds the Villain felt truly defeated as her numb mind couldn't process a solution. 

Inwardly she fumbled as she tried to think of a way to bring the man back.

"Points!"

Quickly she looked over her points to see if she could buy Jun anything to revive him.

"...."

Zero.

Nothing.

0 points.

"That's right... they're all... gone." The Villain weakly whispered. 

She already knew she had used up all the extra points she had... she knew this, she knew this yet she had still desperately looked hoping for a miracle. 

Hoping to bring the dead man back even though in the back of her mind she already knew it was far too late.

"You can't, you can't be... you can't..." Her voice trembled as her eyes finally started to slightly blur.

Hopelessly the Villain wracked her brain for an answer as her eyes grew more and more bleak with every passing second.

"...You can't..."

The Villains' eyes grew dark and misty.

"you can't die..."

The Villain reached the edge of despair.

Although she had long ago promised to close her heart off to everyone and anyone, that man... that man had somehow found a slight opening.

It wasn't much but for a frozen heart, any bit of warmth was enough to cause it to melt.

Now because of this slight opening the Villain was suffering, her cold heart was breaking.

The one time she had selfishly wished to protect something, it had backfired miserably.

She had simply wanted Jun to live on happy in this world.

She had long ago been stripped of everything, but now she truly felt desolate. A cold trembling overtook her. She no longer had anything left, she simply wished to die.

She no longer wanted to exist.

If she was gone she would no longer feel the overwhelming pain radiating in her heart, or the reawakened seething rage she felt for the god Jupiter that had locked her in this situation to begin with.