Eternal Lovers: Chapter 4

Song Shai got out of the carriage followed closely behind by Lei Jun. 

Quietly she walked into her courtyard even though she knew no maids or other personal would be there. 

Even the few maids who were assigned to her would not be there, for long ago they realized serving Song Shai wouldn't matter. 

Whether they were there to serve or not would mean no difference as they would still get paid.

Still Song Shai elegantly and silently walked until she finally reached her small shabby courtyard, although it was better than the servants quarters, for a dukes daughter it was unreasonably shabby. 

However, Song Shai took no notice as this was luxury compared to some of the previous worlds. 

Due to her role as Villain she was often killed off quite early, yet in some worlds, after her character had fulfilled the role she still had to stick around for a certain amount of time, often having to live on the streets or sleep on benches before quickly succumbing to starvation or some disease.

She was about to give out directions to the quiet and still slightly injured Lei Jun before her door suddenly shook open.

"SONG SHAI, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?" Her 'Mother' angrily walked in screaming.

Song Shai had expected her visit. Knowing the coachman, although it was still early, he would report back to the Mistress about Song Shai 'behavior' during the trip.

"YOU GAVE AWAY YOUR JADE PIN AND EVEN BROUGHT HOME A DEADBEAT CHILD!?"

Song Shai paid little attention to the mother while she waited for the incessant screaming to stop. 

Finally when she noticed it got quiet she looked up. Her dark eyes holding a strange frightening power behind them.

"The Jade pin was gifted to me. Therefore it was mine to do with as I please. As for the 'deadbeat child,' I decided to hire him to be my servant, so he is not truly a 'deadbeat child' if he is willing to work." Song Shai calmly spoke in a convincing matter with a slight tone of mockery hidden behind her emotionless tone.

As soon as Mistress song heard the emotionless tone she unconsciously grew quieter, but still she managed a poisonous tone.

"...Ahem, even so you did not have the right to go hiring the boy! The Song family is not made out of money, you cannot just go wasting money hiring every beggar you see, especially when you are not the one paying for them!" From her voice no one would guess she was talking to her only child, her flesh and blood.

"I thought this through Mistress Song and have decided to fire my other maids. While not hiring others I will only be keeping this boy, Lei Jun as my servant. Therefore the Song family should not be wasting money but instead saving." Song Shai was cold as she used the woman's name to address her. 

"You-you ungrateful child, I specifically placed those maids in your care! You cannot just fire them due to every small whim you may have!"

"Ah but Mother, where are those maids now? Should they not be here helping their master back from her long trip? You say that you specifically placed them so they should be quite good and loyal, yet they are rarely here and when they are they don't even do there job properly. Why is that Mother?"

"Why-youuu!"

"Mother, as the daughter of the Duke is it not my right to have at least fifteen maids at all times? Yet I barely have four, and they're rarely even present. You wouldn't want people to talk out in the streets, right Mother? If they see my poor appearance they may think that the Duke only treats his main wife good. They may think that he is mistreating his lowly secondary wife that has no place in the household."

 Anyone hearing her speak would just think that she was innocently pointing things out, it was only after processing her sentences that one would truly hear the harshness and poison of her words as she full on mocked her 'mother's' position.

"THA-THAT'S IT!" Mistress Song angrily looked down at her child as she raised her arm about to hit her daughter, she often abused her daughter in private when Song Shai was younger, now her anger could no longer be contained as her hand came smashing forward.

The Villain could care less about abuse, it didn't bother her one bit.

After the amount of torture and abuse she had been through due to her involvement in the villain system she was immune to such things, a simple slap or punch couldn't hurt her. 

Instead she tiredly closed her eyes thinking of sleep as she waited for the fist to land, unexpectedly however, it never did.

"I would appreciate it if you did not land a hand on my master."

As Song Shai opened her eyes she could see the young boy tightly holding Mrs. Songs wrist just before it was able to make contact. Slightly confused at the boys action she looked towards his face, he held a small creepy smile as his eyes held a deep, swirling darkness Song Shai had never seen before. However, before she could fully process his look towards Mistress Song, her 'Mother' angrily pulled her hand back, face stiffening as she yelled "THIS ISN'T OVER!" and stomped out of the little courtyard.

"Ah thank you." Song Shai said emotionlessly as she again turned to the boy.

"You requested that I be your servant. As such, I can't watch as lowly pests try to get close to you." Lei Jun smiled his eyes closed keeping Song Shai from perceiving his past expression.

Seeing this bodies 'mother' try to abuse me must have brought back memories of Lei Jun's own abuse at the hands of his stepmother, that must be why his eyes looked so dark. But even so, they were emitting too much malice even for that. No-no there can't be any other reason, I'm just overthinking things...The villain silently thought before again looking at Lei Jun.

*Desert Note: I bet you are all curious about Jun, am I right? (͡o‿O͡)

The Villain: " Ya, so how did he get such dark eyes?"

Desert: Ehem, I wasn't talking to you ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

The Villain: "..."

Desert: I'd love to hear your guys thoughts on Jun, please comment below ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^ )

The Villain: "..."