Arc 2 Chapter 21: The CEO Is My Lover

"That man has betrayed you!"

'Hmm, so he finally betrayed me... Took him long enough.' The Villain's eyes held no anger or malice, rather they almost seemed slightly relieved. 

Quietly she waited as she wondered in what way he had betrayed her.

Rey pulled out some files and spread them out on the table. 

After finding out Sage was the CEO of V-tech, he planned to win over her trust while also pulling Jun down.

 He prepared the secret files of V-tech and planned to reveal Jun as the sole conspirator. 

The betrayer of V-tech.

All he had to do was make Sage believe.

"These are files taken from inside V-tech. They were retrieved and sold directly by your secretary Jun." Whether it was true or not Rey didn't care.

"Hmmm..."

"Moreover. He was the one who exposed your identity to me. He is a disloyal man who will only run your company into the ground. As a businessman, I recommend at the very least you fire him." 

Rey knew part of it was a lie. After all he hadn't got the information from Jun rather, it was from Zana. However, he thought that by blaming it all on Jun he could get Sage to hate her secretary. 

After speaking in his regular deadpan voice, Rey looked up at Sage, he expected her to be angry or at the very least shocked, but instead she let out a rare evil grin.

'This was it?' The Villain wondered.

'So this must have been what the FL was meeting Rey for...'

After laughing she evilly grinned looking down at the man. "Is that everything?"

"...Yes."

"So let me get this straight, you expect me to believe that Jun, secretary to one of the greatest companies in the world, would go selling information from the inside in order to earn petty cash? Moreover to jeopardize his job, reputation, and company in the process?"

"Ah..."

"Jun is way smarter than that. After all he has to be in order to be the sole secretary to one of the worlds greatest companies, moreover I trained him." Sage unknowingly gave a gentle smile as she said the last part.

Rey's deadpan face started to crack as he realized how stupid his claims sounded. 

Why would that man Jun, try to sell information when he was already the top secretary in the country? 

He probably had no lack of money, so why would he need to sell information?

Moreover, since he had been able to maintain his spot as V-Tech's sole secretary it also meant that he was very wise and skilled, meaning that he would never try to pull such an obvious betrayal.

Yes, it was all obviously a lie, fabricated by that woman Zana, and he had actually been stupid enough to go along with it...

Sage passed back the files and looked across at Rey.

"If you dare go spreading such slanderous information I will sue your company for everything it's worth." Sage's words were emotionless but vicious as her cold eyes shone.

Rey truly felt foolish, he wanted to say something more but before he could, Sage's next words stupefied him.

"Truthfully, whether Jun decided to betray V-tech or not matters little to me. He could betray this company 100 times over and I wouldn't care. If he really was the one who betrayed V-tech then he's only hurting himself... After all I have already wrote him down to be the next successor to V-tech. Soon I plan to "retire" and in the process he will gain everything down to the last penny. Therefore, doing such things would only hurt himself."