1

I walked away from the Manor, on another bright, gleeful morning. I walked barefoot, as in this court you do not need such necessities as shoes. The grass felt soft and warm, nourishing my rough feet.

I looked around at the trees I walked beside, connected to the field I was on. I had been in there many a time, as my father taught me to hunt.

I heard the whistle of a bird and a rippling from a nearby stream. I smelt the freshness of the air and the warmth of the gleaming sun upon a part of my bare skin.

I wore a green dress, that matched my eyes. My fathers eyes. It was patterned with flowers of the spring, and fine golden lines.

My golden hair was let loose, in curls around my shoulders, down the bottom of my back.

I found my familiar spot, under the vast oak. A spot my father had once told me his former lover and him used to sit at.

He didn't talk about her much, he only said she belonged to the Night Court now. But whenever he did speak of her, I could see the pain in his eyes- strong and not yet quite healed. He must have loved her immensely.

I sat looking up at the different shapes that the oak made with its twisting branches, shielding me from the sharp glimmers of light. This was my happy place. I started to hang my head back and close my eyes till a deep voice came from behind me.

"Hello."

I turned round to face a boy, near a man. Like me a girl, near a woman. His hair was short, black and hung over his eyes which were mixed with violet and blue. They reminded me of the flowers I had planted for my eternal spring. They even twinkled as if stars were truly shining through them. His skin was tanned, and his height quite tall. He stared at me curiously, as if he'd never seen anyone like me before.

"Hello." I said back warily. "Who are you?" I stood up as I said this, not quite sure how he got here.

"My name is Nyx." He stepped closer to me. "What is yours?" He smiled at me, he had a kind face. Could this all be a trick?

"My name is Linetta." I said smiling back, but then my smile faltered. "How did you get here, and where are you from?"

"I started to explore Prythian, without my parents escorting me. Ive finally made it to the end- The Spring Court." I looked at him confused. "I used my powerful magic to get in here." He answered my look grinning, wiggling his fingers mockingly.

I rolled my eyes. "You still haven't answered one of my questions, where are you from? What court? If you're part of one anyway."

"I am from the Night Court, and I can only presume that you're part of the Spring Court."

I knew exactly who he was then, and he was powerful. I heard my father speak to Lucien about the dangers of 'Feyre and Rhysands son." and if he ever came here. The only information I could get was that he was powerful, really powerful.

"Are you the High Lords daughter, of the Spring Court?" He asked, clearly interested. "I can tell by your look and the....power I can sense."

"Yes." Was all I could say, there was no point lying- he knew anyway.

"You know who I am, or you wouldn't have given me that look you did a moment ago."

"Don't let it get to your head, Son of the Night Court." I said, bringing strength to my words.

He raised an eyebrow, entertained.

"I like you." He said, with a smile on his lips.

I didn't get to answer, as a low snarl sounded from behind Nyx. My father....but before he could even touch the Son of the Night court- he was gone- winnowing away.

In that moment, that brief moment, I was disappointed that he went away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~