59

A/n~ A longer chapter today- to make up for the late update!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-'•Linetta's POV•'-

I laid there on the beach, enjoying the small particles of sand warming my skin.

I'm lucky I got away—- too lucky, how come all of a sudden my powers rise up now? Why not protect me before?

Somehow, I already knew the answer- because my beast could protect me in those times.

I spread my arms out enjoying the last of the sun- before I searched for that key again.

Blair didn't even say how long I had- probably because she just assumed I wouldn't be able to succeed.

Another snarl came from the sea-just like many times before when they saw me rest up on the beach.

It's sick that there are creatures that are angry if they don't catch a human to snack upon.

I closed my eyes, wishing for the key to appear- wishing that something could bring it to me, bless me with it- and I would be eternally grateful.

To save him.

What could even be happening to Nyx right now? Is he just starving in a cage? What about his parents, where are they?

They would match Blair head on- both of them hold a power surely a Hybern blood would not be able to endure.

After all those penetrating thoughts- I drifted off to sleep..

~*~

I squinted at the harsh sun as I woke up- feeling the need to stretch my body.

Wait a minute- I stated to panic as I realised that I had fallen asleep,

No no no no, I'm supposed to be finding that key.

I sat up quickly, trying to work out how long I have been asleep, glancing up at the harsh sun.

Too long.

I quickly got up before I felt something fall off me, with a tiny clink when it hit the ground.

My eyes widened as I went to grab it from the sandy ground- I held it up at eye level, and marvelled.

The key.

How did it even get here? Is this a trick, a false hope?

I turned it over and analysed it.

Looks real to me.

What I hadn't noticed before- were letters, something scribbled in the sand just near me, closer to the mass of trees by the beach.

I walked over to it, and read:

Here, our lady, is what you most desire- take it as a gift- a gift for our own kin. Whoever possess nature inside of them- will always be gifted- and you, lady, are one of us.

~*~

I read it about three times before I scribbled a "thank you." below it.

What people? I wondered standing up after kneeling. The power of, nature?

I frowned analysing this- it must be to do with my mother.