19

A day had already gone by- no visitors or voices to be seen or heard.

I tried to summon my other form, but due to the lack of food and water and every other bodily needs I can't summon it. I'm already loosing weight, and my hair starting to frail.

I try to pass the time to tell myself that I will be free, and plan my escape but I know there are wards, powerful wards, that will be hard to pass.

I found chalk, in the corner of my stone room, and start to draw flowers across the floor.

"Linetta..." I look up, hearing a soft, quiet voice.

There he was, his hair shaggy- eyes with dark rings below them, his face worn.

"I'm so sorry you're kept here." He whimpered, kneeling and holding the bars. "I'm trying...trying everything to get you out."

I manage to stand with my stiff legs, and walk over to kneel by the bars too.

"It's not your fault." I whisper, feeling the oddness of hearing my own voice like I haven't used it in years. "It is mine."

He shook his head vigorously. "I can see and feel your heart Lin, you'd never hurt anyone."

As I place my hands on the bars, he brushed them lightly with his fingers. "I have my father's blood, that in itself is evil and bad." I mutter and muster a slight smile- as he stares solemnly at me, his hair hanging over his eyes.

"Just let it go, Nyx. Don't battle with your family over this."

"You're my friend Lin, and friends are family." He stares at me intently now, sadness turning into determination.

"NYX!" Shouted someone, which I recognise to be the winged man before, Erebus. "You SPIKED our DRINKS." They yelled, their footsteps getting louder.

"I'll see you soon, Linetta, hopefully outside these bars." With another brush to my hands, he stands and walks off.

"You went to see her when I've repeatedly said NOT TO." Another shout echoed off the stones walls.

After a few moments everything went quiet, I assumed they winnowed away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nyx started to visit me more often, he'd try to come each day- handing me a lot of food and drink to ease my body.
My heart fluttered every time he came, for his generosity and kindness.

However, he didn't know each time he was doing that- he was aiding me in getting stronger- to change into my other form.

I drew another bouquet on the stone floor, a week had already gone by, I knew I was strong enough to shapeshift.

I take a deep breath and start another sketch, to try to ease my worries.

Tonight's the night.