8

(Please vote and comment- I would love to know what ya'll think- and feel free to give any ideas of your own❤️)
***

"FATHER!" I shout, searching for him.

I go to his chambers- but he is not in them. I huff, and go through the doorway again- nearly ripping the door off it's hinges.

I'm not as strong as him, he didn't give me the full force of his powers and strength. I have my mother to thank for that.

I reach the entrance way again and step out into the now cold night.

I rarely use this, I like to keep it hidden. To surprise those who are unaware.

I can shapeshift.

I feel my body twist and stretch- fangs, claws growing in their places.

My form is a wolf, a bright golden wolf- however I have antlers, as dark as the bark on my trees. I'm not as big as my father, but I still look menacing.

I run through the trees, practically hunting him, like he always hunts me. I can smell prey, tempting me to change my course, but the anger I feel inside me over rides that.

I have the first ever friend who's genuine, the first friend who's ever actually made me feel happy, and he has to ruin it, without him even being there.

I catch his scent and follow to one of our meadows, the furthest one you can get to.

I shapeshift back to my normal form, and walk up to him- my emerald dress flowing behind me.

"You've ruined everything." I seethe, standing behind him.

He stands up and turns to face me, for the first time- his face looks saddened. I'm not falling for that, I've learnt from my mistakes.

"You left with—- with that night court scum, rather than staying with your own flesh and blood? Your family?" His eyes are wide, his stance still. I know that's not going to last.

"Family?" I scoff. "When was there ever a family? You've never treated me anything like a daughter, and you dare say "family?"" I walk up to him, and I know my face is showing everything I feel.

Let him see it, it's time he did.

"I've given you everything you've ever wanted, I've payed for everything you are and have." He challenged.

"That's all you've done, used your money and not your heart. Where did it go? Where did you heart go?" I feel the anger burn off slightly, I have more control. I thank my mother for that too.

"I told you, Linetta, why I am the way I am. It's all because of them and you went there- to that dump they call a court." He walks closer and grabbed my face. "You betrayed me." He growled, his other form nearly toppling over.

"Let go of her, or I swear I'll make you regret ever laying a hand on her." 

I smiled at the sound of his voice, looking for it's owner.

Nyx stood behind my father, death staring his back.

He looked breathtaking, like every time I see him. A loose purple shirt, black jeans- and floppy black hair.

My father let go of me roughly, pushing me backwards.

Just by seeing the sight of Nyx, a big beast- with a wolf head and bear body takes form in front of me.

A deep growl came from it's big bellowing chest. My father loves to over do it.

"Nyx, I wouldn't test him when he's like this. Just go home, I can sort it."

My father snarled, clearly wanting to get a piece of him- quite literally.

"No way in hell I'm going, we're in this together now. You're not alone anymore."

I can't help but beam at his words, no ones ever spoken to me the way Nyx does, he makes me feel wanted, cherished..loved.

My father's beastly head looks at both of us one at a time, noticing the change in atmosphere. He slashes his claws down, ripping into the earth- his eyes wide in alarm.

He then looks to Nyx again and starts to get ready to pounce.

Little did he know I was creeping up beside him, shapeshifted into my other form.

He realises too late, as usual focusing on his prey instead of other predators lurking.

I feel a sudden urge, urge to hurt him. I've not felt like actually hurting my father...until now...and I know that Nyx is the reason.

I leapt at him, my teeth sinking into his golden coat, catching him by surprise.