25

Me and Nyx started to trek down the third snowy slope after leaving the winter palace, treading carefully as always.

"His face." Nyx chuckled, still finding the whole thing hilarious.

It still bewilders me about how funny he finds this, and how ok he is with my temperament...and of course my beastly side.

It seems that he actually likes it.

I giggle, nearing loosing my footing. "He actually is pretty pathetic for a High Lord's son."

"I know right." He laughed. "Nothing compared to me right?" Nyx boasted, I could feel he is close behind me now- causing an uncomfortable shiver along my back.

"I think you mean- nothing compared to me." I glanced behind my shoulder, smirking.

"Nothing compares to you." Nyx concurred, his words spoken softly.

The atmosphere and mood changed instantly, I smile, but too awkward to turn around and face him- for the evidence of my red face will truly be torture.

I laugh nervously. "I wouldn't say that."

The hill is getting steeper, making my concentration hard to maintain- maybe I should have let Nyx carry me when he had asked?

"but I hardly know anyone who can be two kinds of people at once." I admit.

Nyx snorts. "I know a few."

"You do?"

"My father went through hell, and had no choice to be vile- but he was just protecting those he loves."

I noticed the sadness in Nyx's voice, being in the Spring Court has made me more of an outsider than I had realised. I hadn't been told anything, unless it was important or advantageous to my father.

"What happened? If you don't mind me asking."

"Let's sit over here." Suggested Nyx, who was instigating under the snow tree to our far right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we leant our backs against it's tree trunk, Nyx began to explain.

The story he was telling me, of what his parents had been through- was dreadful, appalling anything that could slightly describe something this awful.

I never really truly known what my father had done, only that he had treated people the same as he had treated me- and worse.

It took a whole hour to explain a lot of his parents past- they're remarkable people.
All my father had done was sell his own love's sisters to the King of Hybern- and not only that, team up with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The next seasonal court I would like to show you is Autumn Court, one of my personal favourites." He happily tells me, packing up our belongings.

"I've actually visited there, only a few times and only to the Autumn Palace."

I remember it's pretty colours, the vibrants of yellow and orange.
The people there are charming too, lots of red heads I seem to remember.

That's where I met Angelia, one of my few friends.

"Only on business then?"

"Mm, it was very very boring."

Nyx smiled at me and I smiled back, making our way to the Autumn borders.