29

(Sorry for the slow updates, I've been really busy lately:( I'll try and update sooner!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Autumn Palace looked as beautiful as ever- with its walls varying of colours brown to yellow to orange, it's towers spiralling to the baby blue sky.

"Just like how I remember." I reminisce, thinking of the time me and my father dined in their gardens.

I never understood the...truce that the High Lord of Autumn had with my father, they didn't seem friendly friendly. They just somehow had a agreement on something.

"This is the first place that you actually know more about." Nyx admits, pretending to make a surprised face. "Maybe you would like to make the tour?"

"Of course, I'll lead the way." I walk in front of him, walking towards the small side door of the palace. Best not make people aware that we're here, but the way everyone is staring at Nyx's wings- I can see that they already know who we are.

I show him each room that I had been in, not exactly many- but more than him of course.

I remember everything that has happened in this palace, as it was the only visit that could allow me to explore- even just a little bit.

When both my father and High Lord thought I wasn't listening, they spoke of their likes and dislikes. Especially in the Night Court.

The autumn High Lord, Eris, seems to have a very strong dislike to Nesta Archeron.
Apparently, from what I gathered from their conversation, Eris was cheated by Nesta- because of 'the bastard-Illyrian' which I can only assume is Cassian, Cailean's father.

"It's a beautiful palace, I have to admit, even when it is ruled by people like Eris." Nyx commented as we walked down one of the vast corridors.

To blend in, Nyx had us wear more 'autumn' clothing.
He wore brown, tan trousers- which nearly matched his skin tone and a red t-shirt, the sleeve hanging down half of his arm.

He picked me out a russet coloured sweat shirt, which hung below past my hips- and trousers of vibrant orange.

I have to say we really did look the part.

"It really is, I've always loved it's aura." I agree, looking at the paintings hanging from the corridor walls. Beautifully created.

"You must think about that boy.."

I look up at him whilst we walked, staring at him.  "What boy?"

"The autumn boy, it didn't end with your terms. So there must be still desire, right?" He queried, glancing at me sideways.

"Not anymore."

I have thought about him...sometimes...only when I think of my past, and that he was the only light really in it.

"You love this place, I can tell.." Nyx starts to mumble, slowing his walk.

"So?" I ask stopping.

He really confuses me sometimes, why does he say these weird things?

"So..." He stops and turns around to speak to me. "If he came back, if you ever saw him again- you would go back to him?"

"No.." I defend. "Of course not."

He shuffles his feet, looking down- his wings tucked in. "You said you didn't know..before."

I rolled my eyes. "I was messing with you."

"What if you meant it, slightly?" He stared at me now, looking deep into my eyes.

I look at him exasperated. "I didn't, just look into my head- you've done it before anyway."

He shook his head. "Never mind." And walked towards the end of the corridor.

"Don't do this again. Don't walk away and not explain to me what this is- Why the questions, do you care about who I'm with?"

Before he could even reply, his eyes go wide- and I feel my body pushed back against someone else's, claws at my throat.

"Linetta, I've finally found you." My fathers gruff voice said from behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~