6

The food is delicious, spices taking over everything. I've never tried spices, I thought I wouldn't like them or be to my taste- but everything about the taste was delicious.

Nyx sat across from me- with a delighted face. He insisted I try food from the Night court, "for the full experience."

He knows how much I enjoy looking, tasting, seeing- just being in this place.
The difference between our two worlds amazes me, everything is dissimilar- from colours to foods.

Earlier, I was given a grand tour of the palace, the rooms spacious, yet filled with enough delights to make the room look striking.

Bringing me out of my deep thoughts, Nyx says curiously. "We haven't actually had the chance to get to know one another yet. I would like to ask a few questions." His head was down- sticking his fork into a red pepper.

"Ok...ask away." I reply, looking at him.

"What's your favourite hobby?"

"Um.." I start, surprised by his question. "I like to play the violin, especially in the meadows by my home- it's so...atmospheric."

"How well do you play, are you experienced?"

I nod. "Since I was a little girl I've always loved to play it. It calms me down when..." I try to find the right words. "When my father's not in his best moments." I smile slightly, looking down at my plate.

"What does your father do to make you need comfort?"

I shake my head. "I don't really want to answer that... but I'm sure in time I can." I answer, apologetically.

He looks at me, his brows creasing- but doesn't comment further.

"Do you like to paint?" He asks.

"Why do you ask that? That's quite specific.- but yes, yes I do. I love it just as much as playing the violin."

He smiles, a warming smile. "My mother loves to paint, it helps her too."

"I'll show you my paintings one day." I say, smiling back.

I wish I could give Nyx a tour of my court, of everything, the roses are so alluring- the sun shimmering and gleaming- fluffy, soft clouds- bushes of endless flowers unimaginable. It stands for beauty itself...in my eyes.

As if reading my mind, he asks. "Will you give me a tour of your court?"

He asks this unsure, but looking at me with hope.

What did my father say The High Lord of the Night Court and his son could do?

I see the understanding in Nyx's eyes and I suddenly remember, they can read minds.

I scowl at him, putting down my knife and fork. "You read my mind didn't you."

"I only read a little bit." He said nervously, I keep staring at him. "Come on, your face was clearly in distress...what if it was something bad about here? I had to know." He defends, looking at me exasperated.

"What if it was something private!" I say in horror. I start to think of all the possible things I could have thought about...

"No no no- I would've went straight out of your head if it was anything like that." Nyx says horrified.

"You looked again!" I say flabbergasted. "That's it I'm off."

I stood up and walked to the entrance...which way was it again?

I took a left onto the second level, finding the steps leading to the first.

I saw billowing curtains, and knew I found the entrance.

I was going to head towards it, till a tall dark figure with enormous wings stood in the way.

"How are you going to get home, huh, Linetta?"

I could tell he was holding back the laughter, a cheeky gleam in his eyes.

"You're going to laugh at me."

He shook his head, forcing his lips together.

I raise an eyebrow, crossing my arms, and somehow that causes him to burst out laughing. Dimples appear in his light brown skin- his shaggy black hair across his beautiful, alluring eyes.

I head for the stairs, holding my emerald dress up as I walk down- till he was in front of me.....again.

"Come back and eat Linetta, I'm sorry."

He looked a bit more sorrowful now, his wings curved in- but yet I still see that cheeky gleam.

"No."

"Oh come on...I won't laugh at you again." He compromises, giving puppy dog eyes.

"NYX!"

Came a shout from downstairs. We both look down to see his parents, Feyre and Rhysand looking up at us.

His father's face looked far from happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~