14

I waited on a balcony- my hair swaying slightly in the wind, also causing the skirt of my dress to sway.
Nyx, right on time, flown to the balcony- I never really noticed how long his wings are till now.
He stumbles when he lands, his gaze fixated on me.
He wore a purple suit and tie, his shirt white and trousers deep blue.
A little less matched than usual, but somehow, of course, he pulls it off.

"Linetta—-" He pauses deep in thought. "How do you always look stunning in every outfit I provide for you?" He genuinely seems to be perplexed by it.

"I could ask you the same question." I retort, unable to stop my cheeks from flushing.

He chuckles and holds a hand out- and with my heart nearly beating out of my chest- I take it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Nyx took me off the balcony, and picked me up (quite literally) I could feel the wind whoosh past my face, refreshing me- my stomach twisted, like butterfly's, at the thrill.

He flew so gracefully- and held me firmly, gathered in his arms.

I couldn't help but look up at his face cradled in his arms, watching how perfect it is.
The chiselled jaw, his violet-blue eyes, his floppy hair- all silky and shiny, and of course his magnificent dark wings.

He noticed my intense stare and smiled shyly.

"What?" He asked, looking away again.

I look away too, choosing to stare at the mountains below. "Nothing." I mumble.

"Have I got something on my face, is something out of place?" Clearly doubtful now.

I made a wide smile at his rhyming, and shook my head.

"No no, you're perfect." I grin and poke his cheek.

His cheeks turn slightly red, as he makes a shy smile. "You're lying."

Before I could even protest, he puts a finger to my lips to try and silence me. "Don't even try." He teases.

I scowl at him, and look down to see Velaris spread out far below me- a sea of lights and tiny people.

"You wish you could fly don't you." He teases again.

I contemplate a second. "I'd much rather have my claws and fangs." I look up at him grinning.

He grinned back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The House of Wind is magnificent, it's size and appearance is the best built building I've ever set my eyes on. Not even in the Spring Court did we have something to ever mask this.

There are two routes: either fly in or take ten thousand steps. Luckily, I had a winged man to fly me in- taking ten thousand steps would be sure enough to kill me.

The balcony was tremendous, giant pillars holding it's magnificent roof.
Two wide and tall double doors is where we flew to and stopped at- this leads to the dining room.

Nyx showed an encouraging smile and offered his arm, I return a warm smile and take it.

The doors open for us, as apparently (Nyx once told me) the house has a mind of it's own.

His family were sat around the table, staring straight at us.

I could already hear the whispers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~