51

!Swearing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-'•Nyx's POV•'-

"Nyx your not going it's a trap." My father shouted at me.

We have been battling for half an hour already about the letter Blair had sent, and what it meant.

"I don't care." I seethed- my arms flaying about.

"She's luring you in there, you would be a fool to go." Rhysand spat- curling his lip.

My father's never been this angry- unless he's in fear. Great, great fear.

"I'm not a baby anymore!" I remarked- scowling.

"ENOUGH!" My mother boomed, walking up behind Rhysand, anger on her perfect face.

"We have to think about this logically." She put a hand on Rhysand's shoulder soothingly. "But we must go get her."

My father put a hand to his head, rubbing his face. "We can't. This is a test for Linetta and us. To go over there and show we care will disrupt our plan completely. We'll have nothing against her then." Rhysand rushed, panicking. "We'll just have to hope she lives." He mumbled.

"WHAT?" I screamed in shock and agony, feeling my heart practically ripped out of my chest. "You can't be serious, do you hear yourself?"

Feyre looked at my father disapprovingly and came over to me, trying to smile. "Don't worry, darling, we'll find a way." She put a hand to my cheek. "I know how much she means to you."

"Do you?" I ask softly, my eyes welling up.

She nodded, tears slipping from her eyes.

Rhysand walked up to me, and pulled me into a tight hug. "Give her more credit, Nyx, she's powerful."

"More powerful than Blair of Hybern?" I cut back, stepping out of the hug.

Hurt was clear across my father's face, but he smoothed it over. "Maybe."

I walked up to him, fury covering my features. "'Maybe' isn't good enough." I snapped and pushed past him, shoving him back slightly.

If they won't help me, I'll just do it myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could hear them calling for me, my mother's heals clicking on the floor nearby.

I turned right around a corner when I bumped into Cailean, our heads smacking together.

"Argh." I groaned- rubbing my sore head. "Watch where you're going." I pushed past him too, past his shocked face.

"Wait.." He grabbed my arm, making me pause.

"What. I'm kinda in a hurry." I seethed, scowling.

"Are you going to get her?" He asked with curiosity.

I nodded, pulling my arm out of his grasp. "That's why I need to go."

He hurried after me, his obvious loud footsteps behind me. "Could- could I come with you?" He stammered, as if nervous.

"No." I growled, turning a corner again leading to my room.

"Please, Nyx, I won't intervene with you two. I just want to make sure she's safe." He pleaded. "Plus, I want us to go into a mission together, a proper one-  like the ones our dads set up."

For our training, our fathers would set up scenarios for what we could encounter- they didn't go easy on us like we expected them to- but we survived it. We all stuck together: me, Erebus and Cailean.