7

The High Lord had took Nyx into another room, their booming voices heard through the marble walls.

"Just see what I have to deal with." Feyre, the High Lady of the Night Court, said approaching me.

She wore a beautiful black dress, sparkling like night stars.
Her hair pulled and pinned into a bun, loose hairs dangling like pieces of string around her perfect face.

I smile nervously. "I'm used to it...to that kind of environment."

Feyre's smile wavered as she caught on to what I meant.

"Your Tamlin's daughter, aren't you?" She said quietly. "I can't quite believe it."

"Yes." I look awkwardly to the door Rhysand and Nyx are in- I hope they come out soon.

"I wished that he would change, at least of all for a child..." She sighed looking up the ceiling. "But even I knew that isn't possible, I've already tried." She looked back to me, making a sorrowful smile.

"I'm sorry about that, about everything you had to go through." I say softly.

"No please do not say sorry, it's not for you to apologise."

I was about to answer, till I heard Rhysand shout from the other side of the door-

"She could be dangerous! Have you not learnt from your mother's past experiences? Her father was a menace, so she could be too."

"You don't know her." Nyx retorted.

"Neither do you." There was a pause for a few seconds, until.. "She could break your heart Nyx, like her father did to your mother."

The voices became inaudible again- and the silence swept through the room- the awkwardness clear.

Nyx came through the door- his face creased with annoyance. His wings wide and open as he enters the room.

Rhysand comes from behind looking dejected, his wings tucked.

"Linetta, I will take you home now." I'm surprised that Rhysand knows my name, but I suspect they know my name for a reason I wouldn't like to say.

I nod, and turn to face Nyx. He stares at his father with pure fury and rage, this fight is definitely not over.

They don't trust me, because of him. I love my father...in a way- but there's so much he's done to effect my life...my relationships that I can't help but feel hate.

Rhysand winnowed me away before I had a chance to speak to Nyx, but I suppose it's for the best.

My manor, and everything I've ever known came into view. I stagger onto the lawn as Rhysand lets go of me.

He was about to winnow away, but I had to say something. To prove I'm not like my father.

"I'm not like him." I mutter. "I've known his wrongs and his rights from the start, I know what he's...capable of."
My eyes slide from his, unable to look into them.

He sighs, and I notice he's looking at me- standing like Nyx.

"There is one trait that Tamlin is good at, and that is to manipulate." His tone was not kind or unkind just...serious. "I can't trust you, Linetta, not as much as I'd like and especially with my son."

I stare as he winnows away, leaving me in the familiar spring breeze.

I turn towards the Manor, my fury clear through my usual kind features.

I'm nothing like my father.

But there's something he's given me, something useful, when aimed at the right person.

It's his rage, his uncontrollable anger.

I walk through the front door looking for him, the rage boiling over.

And I'm aiming it at him.