22

I watch in awe as snow flakes slowly fall upon my sun-kissed skin.
Their patterns and shapes so beautiful I marvelled at how so many pretty things could fall from the open sky.
I stopped every now and then, to have them land in my palm and admire them.
I could see in the corner of my eye Nyx was watching me, with a bright smile on his face.

"They're exquisite aren't they, Lin?" He said admirably.

I nod, stopping again on a snowy slope. "They're so delicate." I could see it already melting- even when it had just settled on my skin.

"Mm, but there are so many you'll never be without one." He looked up at the sky, still smiling widely.

He then put his own hand out, admiring the delights that landed.

I giggle at him. He raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"I'm new to snowflakes, yet your not- and you still admire them as if they're new to you."

"I've loved them ever since I first laid eyes on them, something you truly love will never get old."

He had both hands out now- grinning away at the collection of snowflakes building up on his hands.

I started to shiver again, and instinctively wrap my arms around myself.

"Feeling the cold again?" He asked smugly.

A few hours before, to keep myself warm, I ran through snowy fields, to prove I don't need Nyx's help, I could hear his laughter in the distance. Which made me laugh so I had to stop running.

"I could always run down this slope." I contemplate.

"Do you want to break all your bones?" He walked over to me with an incredulous expression. "Let me warm you up." He grinned, arms out.

I roll my eyes and start walking back- without looking I lose my footing amongst the deep snow.
I felt my heart beat rapidly as I was sure to definitely break all my bones when I hit the bottom of the slope.
Before I could even hit the ground, Nyx was there to catch me. His wings flared out, with an exasperated look.

"This is what I mean, Lin you have to be more careful." Nyx panted, hugging me to his chest.

"Why are you panting, you didn't even fall off?"

"Because you scared me Linetta- watch where you're going." I couldn't see his face as he had pushed me too tightly to his chest.

"You can put me down now." I stated- wriggling in his grasp.

"No, you're definitely not walking down this again...hey stop wriggling." He complains, I huff and start clinging to him again.

"Warmer now?" He asked, worrying clearly leaving him- replaced by humour.

He has made me much warmer, snug next to his body and giant wings- but I sure as hell will not admit that.

"Well- the exasperation of falling off a slope has definitely brought back the warmth." I remark, smirking slightly.

Before he could reply, growling came from behind us. Nyx spun around quickly, his wings making loud wings beats as he did so.
I felt dizzy by the sudden movement, my head spinning.
The wind had whipped my hair over my face, which didn't help.

I gasped as I moved my hair. Polar bears, varying in different sizes but huge, approaching us. Fangs out, claws out, ready for a full on attack.

"What are you doing in my court?"

There walking past the polar bears is the winter boy from the ball, Aspen.