12

Velaris is so much more magnificent than I ever imagined. Every inch of it is breath-taking, exquisite- every word that describes something so indescribable.

I watched Nyx's face as he described the stories behind some of the homes and places, just looking at him changing to different expressions and emotions is breath-taking in it's self.

After a long, harmonious day- we decided to grab some food, I can feel the rumble coming from my stomach. It's so loud I can see him smirking at it- which I'll do anything to put an end to.

The restaurant has a 'rustic' style to it, plants spiralling from the shop windows at the top of the building. Wooden signs standing beside the outside area, listing all the wonderful foods and drinks they have to offer.

"This is one of my favourites, the owner is a good friend of mine." Nyx explains filling me in. "This corners the best spot." He beckoned me to a circular, wooden table with two chairs positioned either side.

In the middle of the table stood a strange but pretty pink plant, it's colours vibrant, from stem to leaf.

This restaurant is in the most peaceful spot, facing the sea- letting you hear waves lap over one another and softly hit the sandy beach.

"You can see why it's my favourite place, it's just so tranquil- and I need my mind caressed if I have to deal with perpetrators like your father."

I nod, giving a small smile in return.

"Ah, I'm sorry that was insensitive." He apologies, looking at me with an anxious expression. "I'm used to people not liking him already, so it comes out...naturally."

"Don't fret about it, I know how he is and he is certainly a perpetrator." I smile a bit more widely, to accentuate my reply. "Should we order our food?"

He nods. "Oh yes, have a look- here's the menu." He picks it up and hands it to me, the outside velvet- strange but unique.

"I recommend the lobster." He points, and continues with more recommendations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we finish (the food tasting luxurious, the lobster a worthy recommendation), Nyx insists he pays the bill- it took up half an hour, which was wasted for me as he payed anyway. I decided to give up in the end, but not easily. My death stare told him so. He seemed to not care, flipping a coin in his hand, walking over to the till inside- a winning grin for all to see.

Wherever we went, Nyx had stares. I noticed them so easily, but yet he didn't seemed to notice.
After paying, we walked down a street, filled with happy shoppers- men and women singing jolly old tunes drunk or not drunk, every kind of person you could imagine walked by.

I couldn't help but feel agitated when a few girls (who look my age) start to giggle and wave from a flower shop. Nyx put his hand up in return, making a small smile. I rolled my eyes walking faster, not wanting him to see my angry expression.

"Hey- Linetta!" I hear him call. I was about to turn around but then stumbled into someone, nearly toppling backwards.

Firm hands grip my back, and I look up at the person who had caught me.

"Watch where you're going pretty- you could've walked into the wrong kind of guy." He had dark hair (the colour of dark chocolate), which hung to his shoulders- his eyes blue and grey.
He had tanned skin, not as dark as Nyx's.

Before I could reply I'm ripped back against another body, and instantly know who it is.

"Nyx, is this the girl we're so frequently talking about?" The stranger put on a snarky smile.

I feel his arm slide tighter around my waist, my head pressed against his chest.

"Cailean- don't be such a nuisance." Nyx warned, in a slightly threatening way. "I told you to go somewhere else."

"Oh come on, and miss the best drinks? Hell no." The stranger, Cailean, complained and crossed his arms, frowning at Nyx.

Nyx sighed behind me. "Linetta, this is Cailean." I look up at him, my face showing I would like more information. "He's my cousin, Cassian and Nesta's son. "