45

A/n: Sorry for the late update! I have been travelling all day ♡

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you know what you're going to say?" Rhysand asked while he carried me across the wide sea.

Gulls cawed over head, twisting and turning in the salty air. It was thrilling, flying over the sea and it was rough today. I could hear the crash and laps of the waves going over one another.

"I think I have an idea."

To be honest, I had only come up with an 'idea' half an hour ago.
It's the best shot I've got.
I can't lie about who I am, she'll see right through me.

I'm going to admit I am Tamlin's daughter, show her my beast- show her how helpful I will be.
She'll assume I hate the Night Court and whoever follows it, due to my father's past with them.

"Even if I don't trust you- and haven't exactly been welcoming take care of yourself." He looked down at me seriously. "It will be hell in there."

"Don't worry." I breathed- looking down. "I've already had a taste of what hell feels like."

We flew down through the tops of the trees- the leaves brushing past my face. The last sort of affection I will get.

Rhysand let go of me- and stepped back.

I chose for this 'expedition', a cotton brown top, tough black trousers and black boots- I didn't bother to put my hair up, it spiralled down around my shoulders in long thick golden curls. Just an additional feature that matches me to my father.

"Before I go- we need to secure the 'letter' spot." Rhysand reminded.

We trekked through the trees- Rhysand looking around alert, waiting for a pounce.

A tall tree- with a white trunk, is where we found our spot.
Rhysand dug a hole, which isn't the best of letter holders- but it's the best we've got- and formed a lid with sticks and bark he found.

He warded it- and changed the grass around it- to a slight yellow/orange- to make sure we all can find it.

He stood up, pushing up from his knees. "So this is where I leave you."

I nodded, gulping.

"Good luck- remember- if you need to get out of there- get out of there." Rhysand warned, getting ready to go

"Thank you." I attempted a smile- but it faltered- I'm really doing this.

With that- he flew off, soaring to the big open sky.

My breathing became harsher- as I turn around towards Hybern.
I take deep breaths- trying to slow my breathing- and stifle my panicking.

However, seeing the looming stone castle getting closer and closer...it makes the opposite effect.

I take another deep breath, and put a hand to my heart.

I can do this. I try convince myself. Do this so everybody will believe, do this for Nyx.

That seemed to get something going in me- I keep my head held high and carry on- curving through the trees.

I wish I had more time with Nyx- to see where our relationship went.

I peeked through the trees- before walking to the outskirts. There stood a sentry, proud and tall- holding a long sharp spear.

I stood up straight again, took a deep breath- and walked through the last lot of trees.

"HEY!" The sentry shouted in alarm- angling his spear at me.

I put on my best grin- making sure it touches my eyes. "I mean no harm."

He scowled- still pointing the spear at me in defence.

"Who are you?" He interrogated.

"I'm Linetta, the High Lord Tamlin's daughter of Spring, you may have heard of me?"  I swaggered- a playful smile on my face.

"I don't believe you." He stated gruffly- an angry pout on his ugly face. His fingers even looked grubby- dirt tucked under his nails.

"Will this help?"

I shift into my beast- so quick he didn't even notice until I snarled at him. I grinned- with a full set of teeth- not forgetting to mention my large canines.

He whimpered, staggering back.

Other sentrys have gathered around- pointing spears and swords.

I shift back- my clothes still intact due to my magic.

"Now." I start, beaming. "Could you take me to your Queen?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~