11

I start to dress, today pulling on a silk royal blue coloured dress, the top half starting in the middle of my chest, showing the skin of my neck and shoulders. The waist was pulled in, the dress's skirt frilly and flouncy.

I haven't seen Nyx's parents in days, I assume they're avoiding me, I don't blame them. They're probably keeping themselves on leashes, to stop themselves from getting their own back on my father and locking me up somewhere.

Nyx has given me more tours around the night court, every part of the scenery beautiful and magnificent.
The last place he wants me to see is Velaris, and it's many wonders.

I've heard about this place. My father used to tell me that the Night Court are secretive, and this was one of their secrets. He said it was "treacherous" and "deceiving", but Lucien told me otherwise.

I feel that if Lucien wasn't there to guide me through all my years of life- I wouldn't be the same person I am today. I shudder to think what I could've have been.

I walked out of my on suite bathroom, into my bedroom and show Nyx the dress. Apparently he needed to get me a gift- a welcoming gift from him and his court- and this dress is what he especially picked.

The benevolence and hospitality I have so far received at this Court surprises me. In the Spring Court, my father would never have regraded guests the way they do here, he always thought that being High Lord meant in every way you were superior to everybody else- believing that just him being there was a gift itself.

I manage to escape my thoughts and notice Nyx sat in a chair at the buffet table, his eyes fixated on my outfit- and strangely, his lips parted.

"Um, what?" I queried, folding my arms around my waist in an awkward way.

He shook his head and looked away, his hands rubbing at his face. "You look...alluring. Especially with that colour on you." He gawkily replied taking time to answer, as if he were choosing his words carefully. "I knew it would." He looked at me and then looked away again- his cheeks turning rosey.

"Why do you keep looking away if I look so 'alluring'." I quote, my mouth in a wide smile- unable to stop it. I still stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, but somehow Nyx being in the room didn't make me uncomfortable- just nervous.

"It's harder than it looks, believe me." He looks up at me again- but the colour in his cheeks deepens, making him turn towards the door. "I'll wait for you outside."

As quickly as he could go, he was out the door, the door closing softly behind him.

I shake my head perplexed, what is wrong with him?

In a way, it makes me want to giggle. A boy with an intimidating aura- tall, with dark menacing wings can get to flustered? I release the giggle I was holding in, picturing how he looked a few moments ago.

"LINETTA! You better hurry up and stop giggling, I'm not stupid I know it's about me." Nyx complains through the door, raising his voice.

"Come back in and make me stop." I retort, leaning against the bathroom door frame, watching the bedroom door with a simpered expression.

I could feel the surprise he feels from here and snigger.

"Just get ready- you have 5 minutes." He declares, I can't help but laugh at his tone filled with outrage.

It seems shocking him is my new favourite thing, I smile pinning two pieces of hair back from the front- a style I prefer for it's prettiness and practicality.

Clearly Nyx relies on my appearance to judge my character. I should remind him of a popular saying: 'never judge a book by its cover.'

I make my way to the door, feeling the excitement bubble within me - ready to visit Velaris.