49

!Swearing!

**
-'•Nyx's POV•'-

I ground my teeth, at what I saw a few hours before, replaying in my mind.

Cailean is my best friend- we have grown up together, been through shit together- and yet when it comes to love, all that is thrown out the window? Discarded?

I rolled over in my silk sheets shaking my head.

Maybe he developed this 'backstabbing' side from his mother. I couldn't help think, scowling into the darkness.

I closed my eyes. I can't think of my aunt that way- even when she had been a bitch in the past.

I flipped my body again, facing the ceiling- resting the back of my head against my fancy silk pillows.

I didn't see Linetta after I had left Erebus and Cailean- I looked everywhere, but clearly she didn't want to be found.

I sighed, bending my arm to place a hand under the back of my head.

Sometimes she confuses me- I can't tell if she does love me the way she says she does?
When she just disappears like this, it makes me wonder.

I was heartbroken- when I saw her leave after Cailean, why did she even care about him?

I heard my door open, and then close with a quiet creak.

"Nyx?"

I shot up at the sound of her voice, mouth slightly open in shock.

"Lin?" I whispered, squinting in the dark to try and find her.

"Yes, it's me." She said slowly, coming into the light shining through the windows.

She stood there perfectly, in a pair of jeans and red T-shirt.
It wasn't what she was wearing earlier on today- I brushed it off, she must have asked for a change of clothes.

"Why are you here?" I inquired- sliding off the bed.

Instantly she stepped back, backing away towards the door. "To check on you.."

I smiled brightly in the dimness, actually glad it slightly covered my happy reaction. "You can sit down if you like...?"

She shook her. "No need, I'm tired already."

She looked hesitant, distant. Maybe she had changed her mind- that being with Cailean is more desirable?

"From all the fighting?" I guessed, looking at my moonstone floor.

"Yes.." She took a few seconds to reply, swaying slightly where she stood.

"Are you alright?" I asked nervously- walking closer towards her.

"I'm fine." She laughed, sounding slightly clipped. She walked closer to me, her beautiful angelic face glowing in the moonlight. "I'm fine now you're here." She whispered, smiling slightly.

I walked closer, putting a hand on her cheek. She looked nervous, averting her eyes.
I moved my hand back to my side awkwardly.

She must be feeling embarrassed, which made me grin.

She smiled too, adjusting her golden hair.

"I think I better find my room now." She told him, backing towards the door.

"Goodnight." I said, moving back to my bed. "I'm glad you're back to your self now, Lin. For one moment- you sounded like a different person." I snorted, glancing back at her.

She smiled, and didn't reply, slipping through the doorway.

As soon as I had put my hand to her cheek, I knew it wasn't Linetta.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**
-'•Linetta's POV•'-

The endless drip of a water leakage keeps driving me insane. So does the foul smell wafting through my cell, of sweat, sick and other things I wish not to name.

I ponder around my cell aimlessly, nearly being driven mad by the boredom. No wonder people go mad in these conditions.

Earlier today a guard informed me that my first trial would start in the evening, which made me grimace. Not only for the contents of the trial- but at what time of day it is. When I'm most tired.

I sit down, leaning my head back against the cold bars.

"Hello pretty." Came a weak voice from the cell to the right of her, the one she's facing.

"Hello?" I reply softly, searching the dimness. "Who are you?" I query, frowning slightly.

"I'm Sebastian." He said, introducing himself. Though I could only hear his voice, not the body from which it comes from.

"Show me what you look like." I demanded, crawling closer to the bars the other side of my cell.

"Why, would you like to see my pretty face too?" He chortled, his voice sounding closer than before.

"I wouldn't put it like that, but yes."

When he came into view- I gasped at his appearance.

Shaggy black hair fell upon his face, cropped at the sides- how did he manage to keep that shaved? I wondered. He had pale, lifeless skin- almost looking slightly blue.

But his eyes....his eyes were deep black, just like another set of eyes.

"Mm, remind you of anyone?" He drawled, tilting his head studying her.

His clothing was ripped in a few places- all totally black, befitting his appearance.

"Y-you—" I stammered, analysing him. "You look like her." I said disgusted- pushing my body away from the bars. Too close for comfort I thought.

"That's because, darling, I am her brother."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~