48

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had barely finished my food by the time dinner was finished. Neither had my father- who didn't speak for the rest of the time.
Blair just sat happily in her high seat, chewing on the chicken of a chicken leg.

How could someone be so cruel? To enjoy the pain of others?
It made my stomach churn at the thoughts that must be going through Blair's head, the plans for her trials.

As I was led to my bedroom, which Blair had boasted "Was the best room for someone like me.", I couldn't help but panic- yes I can be strong, confident- but I have never experienced something like this.

She didn't even number how many trails I would exactly be doing. I felt really sick now- putting a hand to my stomach to try to stifle the pain.

Blair whispered something to her guards and they chuckled- somehow even with my fae hearing I couldn't hear what she said.

I walked alone behind them as my father had been led the other way through the castle, strangely.

"I hope you're feeling ready for your trials, Linetta." Blair said, in a provocative voice. "Your trials start tomorrow."

I paused with horror- my body stiffening. I don't even get to train, to ready my body and my mind.

"What about readying my body, my Queen?" I blurted- my voice slightly quavering. I followed after her, quickening my steps as she turned a corner.

"You're a High Lords daughter- you're perfectly able and ready." Blair chided, shaking her head disapprovingly. "That beast will be of good use, considering what you will face." She added, satisfactorily, giving the first 'hint' so far.

I'm not just having to use my mind then I thought grudgingly, even though I knew I would have to fight something- I just foolishly hoped I wouldn't have to- that I could rely on mind rather than skill.

We walked down another stone stair case, leading downwards in a spiral. Odd that my new room is all the way down, we had already climbed down two sets of stairs- but I shrugged it off, Hybern is different in many ways, this just could be another one of them.

The cold was harsher down here- I wrapped my arms around myself- I could even see the clouds of white as I breathed.

Blair's heals clicked as she lead the way, her dark dress trailing behind her.

I frowned slightly in suspicion, where are we actually going?
I dread to think- Blair just loves to surprise people- and gets great satisfaction out of it.

We finally found our selfs at the end of the staircase, the light very dim.
I tried to look around- but nothing was bright enough to see.

"This can't be my bedroom.." I trailed off- as I heard a creak, like a metal gate opening.

"I wouldn't call it a bedroom-" Blair remarked, whilst I was shoved into a cell, I screamed out of shock and terror when the crossbreed attor guardsmen clutched the scruff of my neck with their long claws.

They locked the iron gate as I thrashed against it, pulling at it. "Let me OUT." I bellowed- snarling.

I noticed a grin upon her perfect pale face in the gloom. She ignored my cries- carrying on as if I had never spoken.
"But as I said, it's the best room here." She chirped- pretending to admire the cold, iron bars, tilting her head slightly.

"I'm your guest, I'm here to help you. Isn't the trials enough?" I pleaded- holding onto the bars forlorn.

"You have lived in luxury all your life, Linetta, I'm sure a few days won't hurt." She argued- flicking her long black hair back. "Thats if you survive the trials." She added snidely, smiling brightly. Though it didn't look warm, but a menacing- provoking one.

My words caught in my throat- as I let go of the bars stepping back.

There's no use I thought, defeated. I'll only make things worse.

"That's better." She approved.

I only stared at her expressionless, sitting down on the cold stone floor.

"Make sure you're ready tomorrow, you must look presentable." Blair stated enthusiastically, turning around to walk back to the stair case. "You must please my audience." Her voice fainter half way through her sentence.

With that, she was gone- her guards with her. As soon as they had left, two more guards were posted outside her cell.

Don't trust me? I thought dryly. Clever.

I stood up and turned around to look at my new 'room'- which looked plain and rather empty.
A long large puffy pillow is to be the base of my bead, with a blanket thrust over the top of it- a pale grey colour. A small tiny pillow for where my head will rest, which was black.

I had a small wooden chair over a hole- for my bathroom matters.
A single small mirror- cracked through the middle- hung at the back in the middle of the wall.
My face distorted as I gazed at it.

I sat back down again, bending my knees and resting my head on my crossed arms.

Tears started to slip down my face, as I think of everything that has already gone wrong.

I bit my lip so I wouldn't cry loudly- my vision already blurring from the floods of tears.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cold started to bite my feet as I sat there, for what seemed like hours- my eyes growing tired and heavy.
I didn't bother to walk a few steps to my small bedding- but rested on the cold stone floor, my cheeks throbbing slightly at it's harshness.

If I die in these trials, maybe it won't be such a bad thing....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~