58

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-'•Linetta's POV•'-

This thing's grasp was as tough as iron- however many times I tried to struggle free, pulling from it- it would not let go.

I couldn't even scream- every time my mouth slightly opened water would try to gush in.

We're now in the depths of the sea- my vision pitiful in the water.

I squeezed my eyes shut at the salt stinging them- whilst still being tugged: down, down, down.

I tried to bend down and pull at the grasp- pulling at this things fingers and hand- it just won't budge.

My beast.

If I just use form for a few moments- I'll break free and swim, and then change back.

Well, it's the only plan I've got.

The thing smiled at me- with hideous red gleaming eyes, and a wide open mouth with no teeth, it's skin purple- like a bruise but all over and- I smiled back.

I shifted- feeling my furry coat immediately become soaked, the water tickling my body.

The thing had let go in surprise- plus, my ankle wasn't so small anymore, so it lost it's iron grasp.

I quickly started to push upwards with my bigger legs- clawing at the water to bring me higher.

As I pushed upwards, swimming like a dog in the sea- I wondered where that thing has gone- why isn't it coming after me?

I don't dare look back- I don't want to lose my focus and that's maybe what they want- I'll be more vulnerable then.

Fish clamber past me-  but I barely notice them, my focus is the water's surface.

In this situation I just find my self wishing I was back at my manor- playing my violin, painting the roses and thorns. I don't miss my father, but I miss the perfect bliss I had..... but I wouldn't change what's happened now, or I would never have met Nyx of the Night Court, and come to love him.

A screech penetrated my thoughts, coming from below me- but again I didn't look, I couldn't lose that focus.

I breathed in the lush, cold sea air when I finally broke the surface, shaking my fluffy head.
I shifted back instantly, to save my strength for whatever's going to come- no doubt that it will.

There, the island, I just need to get to it.

I heard that same screech again as I started to swim, gasping in as much air, enjoying it's presence again.

What is that?

I brushed it off again- even when it still nagged at my mind, my focus now on the island.

It doesn't look like a big island- but big enough for me to keep away from the sea's edge.

Another screech- much closer this time, sounding like it came from near the island, my heart sped up a bit, loud enough that it feels as if it's in my throat.

A ton of sea water was thrown up into the air, showering down like fat droplets of rain. Five of those things including the one who dragged me down before, were all right in front of me.

~*~

  What do I do, what do I do- I panicked, as they started to swim closer, licking their lips like the three girls in the first trial.

They're connected somehow, these creatures that come for me in these trials- all attor like. These are just sea versions.

They swam slow and predatory, their foreheads and eyes just at the top of the water, getting closer and closer.

I can't get away- I'm stuck, I'm stuck.

The sea is depthless, vast, only the island would have saved me, but I wasn't quick enough to get there.

They are only a few inches away now- mouths wide open showing four rows of razor sharp teeth.

I screamed, throwing my hands and arms protectively over my head.

~*~

I waited for the killing blow- for the nails to tear at my skin, their teeth to sink into my neck.

But nothing came.

The beings were still there as I could hear their screams of anger and frustration. So why aren't they coming for me?

My breathing was haggard by my fear, my body shaking like a craven, but even if I'm filled with fear,  I opened my eyes to look.

Water surrounded me, flying around me like a barrier from high in the sky, and to the bottom of the ocean, I could barely see the creatures through the wall of water.

How? How is this possible?

My hair flew about my face, whipping it- as the water created this tough wind as it spun and spun around me.

It was if I was stuck in a tornado.

I sloshed about as I looked all around me, the island blurry through the water as I peered through. This is amazing.

Something caught my eye and I looked at my hands, which shone an icy blue.

I frowned- huh?

I scraped my hand with my nails- so see if this icy blue shine did anything...at the same time I did this, the water wall around me rippled, and cut open in three slim lines, to then be covered by the water again.

I gasped in surprise- wait a second.

I lifted both my arms up, facing my hands and palm outwards, and kept pushing them forward slowly, which made my protective water circle move forwards, pushing the creatures outside of it aside.

I can control it- my beast is not the only power I possess.

I laughed in amazement- pushing forwards with my protective barrier, towards the island.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~